cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 4

When is a stop order not shown

Was helping some relatives to see what BB deals they could get. They were considering BT for phone and standard BB but when they went through the first part of a BT order via quidco in order to get the substantial cashback they just see the following text verbatim:

“We can see from your details that you've already placed an order to stop your current service. In order for us to bring you to BT and keep your number, you must cancel that request with your current service provider.

Please contact your service provide and arrange for the stop request to be cancelled. Once this is done, come back and continue to place your order with BT.

If you don't wish to contact your service provide and are happy to take a new Telephone number please call us on xxxxxxxxxxx"

Yest surely if there was a stop order it would show up in: https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ and it doesn't.

They had a problem before where somebody unknown to them accidentally supplied their address for an adsl move which caused their line to be cut off and then their ISP gave them a new number when they reconnected them.

I can't see what the problem is now and obviously if they place an order over the phone they won't get any quidco cashback or Sainsbury's vouchers.

What would be causing this issue?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: When is a stop order not shown

I meant to add: could this issue be caused by a 'tag' on the line?

Is there any way that a customer can check this?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi Telecom89,

Who are your relative's current provider at the moment?  The best advice I can give you is to contact them and check if they have an order on their system to cancel the service.

If this does turn out to be a "tags" issue then again they'd need to contact their current provider.  We wouldn't be able to help from here as they're not with BT for their service.

Cheers

Robbie

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

@RobbieMac wrote:

Hi Telecom89,

Who are your relative's current provider at the moment?  The best advice I can give you is to contact them and check if they have an order on their system to cancel the service.

If this does turn out to be a "tags" issue then again they'd need to contact their current provider.  We wouldn't be able to help from here as they're not with BT for their service.

Cheers

Robbie

They are with EE. I suspected they would have to get in touch with them. 😞

0 Ratings