cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clairewatson
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

When receiving or making calls other people cant hear us.

Hi had this problem for over 2 month's and tried multiple phones but nothing has worked, finally tried one more nw phone that just got for christmas still problem is there. When either receving or making calls the person on the other end cant hear me but i can hear them. Tried new cables, new phones etc but nothing fixes the problem and never used too have this problem everything has worked fine until few months ago. Im also paying for unlimited calls so im paying for a service i cant use now sighh. Can someone in here help with this matter please as i require the house phone.

Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: When receiving or making calls other people cant hear us.

Do you have anything else plugged into your phone line?

0 Ratings
clairewatson
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

It's same setup as always has been since engineer fitted stuff, ADSL Splitter into wall, then phone and bt hub plugged into splitter. never changed anything

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

I would suspect a faulty line card in the exchange, however, does BT supply your broadband?

0 Ratings
clairewatson
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Yes i pay for unlimited broadband and unlimited calls and bt vision all from BT. I dont actually use the vision anymore tbh so that aint plugged in. Broadband is working fine.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

@clairewatson wrote:

Yes i pay for unlimited broadband and unlimited calls and bt vision all from BT. I dont actually use the vision anymore tbh so that aint plugged in. Broadband is working fine.

That makes things a bit easier, as it eliminates the possibility of a fault on another ISP broadband kit.

Have you tried swapping the microfilter for a different one, as they can go faulty and affect a phone call?

0 Ratings
clairewatson
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

I pulled the filter out and tried it without the filter, just plugged phone into the wall too eliminate faulty filter. Still same problem it didnt fix it. I didnt suspect the filter tbh as it has only been in about 6 months max i think because that is last time engineer was out when he fixed my broadband.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Thanks for answering those questions, as I needed to eliminate any other possibility.

To avoid a long and protracted process with the helpdesk, and as there are only two things that may be causing the problem:-

Faulty exchange line card.

Faulty broadband filter within the broadband equipment in the exchange (quite common on the older kit).

Your best course of action would be to ask for the assistance of the BT Care Team that moderate this forum, as they will ensure that it gets dealt with correctly.

They will also read what was been written on this thread.

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

I would appreciate if you could update this thread with the outcome. Thanks

clairewatson
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Thanks for the help, i have contacted them on link you gave me and received reference number. I shall update you via this thread on how thing's go. Thanks again

0 Ratings
clairewatson
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Hi again just came off phone too advisor regarding the issue. He said oh i can send Engineer but first you must agree that if there is a fault in your property then you will be charged £99 , if it outside the property it will be free. Firstly i am not taking a 50/50 chance on being charged £99 which i can not afford is what i said too him and secondly i have never had an issue with anything up till now and i should not be risking being charged £99 for a fault which is not my doing and is clearly a bt fault. Anyways i want too know what i can do now too solve this issue because i aint paying for a sevice which i cant use and i aint paying no £99 charge either i'll simple cancel all di rect debits and not pay anything if BT want too be stupid about things.

0 Ratings