Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 22

Re: When tomorrow never comes!

If you can't connect to the socket then broadband may well be active but you cannot be sure one way or the other without getting a filter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 22

have you not had any type of broadband from any ISP before
0 Ratings
gily66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 22

I went to currys today and bought a microfilter and I finally have broadband.
The only problem now us I can't access btplayer and when I try to watch sports channels or extra kids channels I ordered it says I'm not subscribed. I have done a system download and a retune and restarted. I can now see the channels but no access
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 22

contact 0800 111 4567 and report the no tv channels
0 Ratings
gily66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 22

Contacted live chat. Despite being told previously that
My order is complete, today I am told it is not complete So I have received they by now standard bt response. 'Someone will phone you tomorrow before 8pm' I will not hold my breath!

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 22

at least you have made some progress by buying a filter and getting broadband working - you should have received 2 filters with your new hub!

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gily66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 22

Rather predictably no one from BT phoned and I still don't have the tv service fully up and running. I went on live chat and they phoned to connect me to order management. After being on hold for 25 mins I gave up. I then phoned the general number and after the first operator hung up up in me (accidentally I hope). I phoned again and spoke to someone who identified themselves as a senior advisor. After profuse apologies I have once again been promised a phone call before 8pm tomorrow.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 22

forum mods advised
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 19 of 22

Hi gily66,

Thanks for posting back!

Sorry you went through so much bother getting your BT Infinity service working and that you're unable to use your BT TV channels at the moment.

I can pick this up and help sort everything out for you from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
yeti32
Beginner
Message 20 of 22

why can bt not call back when they say they will? ive had this 3 times so far in the last two weeks, then they did call and as soon as i answered they hung up!

0 Ratings