cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 36

Re: When will BT stop misleading its customers?

Go to solution

@PostTruth wrote:

No, I'd never considered it. The visit was for a problem we've had for many months, namely: when we're using broadband Internet and receive or make a phone call on our landline, the Internet connection is interrupted.

Then I would take advice from this forum first.

Do you have normal BT Broadband, or BT Infinity? I can then move this thread to the correct board for help?

0 Ratings
PostTruth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 36

Go to solution

Normal.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 36

Go to solution

I will move this to the ADSL board. You will see the redirection.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 36

Go to solution

Which one of these matches your master phone socket?

nte.jpg or oldnte.jpgor adslface.jpg ornewnte.jpg

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 36

Go to solution

I think I would have tried a different micro filter first if you have one in your phoneline.

There are numerous accounts of people being charged for repairs when they should not have been. BT try it on and hope they get away with it.

Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 36

Go to solution
I don't think anyone tries it on.

BT only pass on the charge raised by the Openreach engineer.

Sometimes, they have charged incorrectly by closing the job withthe wrong closure code, which generates a charge. In these circumstances the charge customer is often waived.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 36

Go to solution

@kkkk wrote:

I think I would have tried a different micro filter first if you have one in your phoneline.

There are numerous accounts of people being charged for repairs when they should not have been. BT try it on and hope they get away with it.

Have you tried this arrangement?

test_socket.jpg

Do you have any extensions?

They must come from the back of the removable bottom section of the master socket. This is to make sure that it is totally isolated when you have to prove the location of a fault, as the test socket is located behind that faceplate.

With the faceplate removed, all extensions should be totally dead.

0 Ratings
PostTruth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 36

Go to solution

Thanks Keith. I will have a look and get back to you, when I get time.

However, I'd still like to challenge BT's top management about the misleading information they provide. Any idea how? They don't make such things easy for customers. I'd rather not take the matter to Ofcom, but am prepared to if necessary.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 36

Go to solution

There is no misleading information, the link Keith posted in message2 makes it perfectly clear what is chargeable and what isn't.

0 Ratings
PostTruth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 36

Go to solution

Thanks for your message, Distinguished Guru. I'm not talking about the link Keith posted. Please re-read my original post, which makes it very clear what misleading information I'm referring to.

By the way, I'm finding this "community forum" a little strange. Does it really consist only of BT customers? 

0 Ratings