cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 26

When will I get migrated to BT Mail

Daily I get emails telling me I am about to be migrated from BT Yahoo to BT mail.  These are always phising emails   (I have had 106 to date).   Over 6 months ago BT said I was about to get migrated, but I am still on BT Yahoo.  Calling BT help? line today I was told it could happen tomorrow or next year.  Can anyone shed light on this

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: When will I get migrated to BT Mail

No, it will happen when it happens. Not sure why you are anxious to migrate, if you use a mail client you will see no difference at all. If you use webmail, the consensus of opinion on this forum is that it is poorly specified compared to Yahoo.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 26

So the email and phone call I got from ( the real) BT about 8 months ago saying I was about to be migrated was just another in a long string of broken promises by BT.  I will just welcome the day when I can ignore phising emails on the sublect  - 12 of which came from btemail accounts, which when reported to bt got no response  - i wonder if they have been migrated

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 26

I doubt you were "promised" that you were about to be migrated more likely "informed" about it. There have been problems during the migration and it is taking longer than was expected. There are no lists of dates available that you can access to see when you will be migrated, it is a case of wait until it happens.

Some people are experiencing problems with the new email system since they were migrated so as long as your present email system is working I wouldn't be in any hurry to be migrated until the problems are sorted out.

As regards the emails. You will NOT receive an email telling you that you are being migrated and asking you to verify or supply details.

You will receive one after you have been migrated informing you of that you have been migrated with links about what you can do with the new system and help links. There are no links asking you to supply details or to log onto BTMail. If the email has any it is a phishing email.

There are a few changes that you will be advised of the first time you log onto your email via webmail.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 26

They must be migrating people really slowly. I was also told 8 months ago that I was about to be migrated,

but since then heard nothing about it from BT.

There seem to be a lot of us still waiting -- maybe we are better off but it's the uncertainty about it which is annoying.

Richard

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 26

@barnpiece wrote:

There seem to be a lot of us still waiting -- maybe we are better off but it's the uncertainty about it which is annoying.

Richard

Why?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 26

Licquorice,

I suggest you answered the 'why' in you post which is the second entry for this topic!

Those of us who like to use webmail (for whatever reason) want it to work correctly,

and maybe by the time BT migrates us they will have fixed any significant problems still existing.

Richard

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 26

Precisely, so why are you in a rush?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 26

Obviously we all want our mail to work following migration, and if that means the process is lengthy then so be it.

Nevertheless, it doesn't inspire confidence or appear at all competent of BT that it's now over a year since I was first informed about the new mail, and 6 months since my last BT e-mail proclaiming;

Get ready for BT Mail

Hello,

We're about to move you from BT Yahoo email to our new email service called BT Mail.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 26

I notice that there is also a message on the BTYahoo e-mail login page ( https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform) stating;

"Use BT Yahoo Mail? You'll be moving to the new BT Mail later this year." 40 days to go then?

We, the unmigrated, want to know when it'll be done, as the present arrangements are unsatisfactory and unreliable (currently day 2 of posts here from people who can't access their BT mail), and so that we know when our mail will stop working altogether.Smiley Wink

0 Ratings