cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 26

Re: When will I get migrated to BT Mail

PS No point in anyone replying to me. E-mail's not working so I'll never get to know if there's been a reply.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 26

Yes there is! At least the forum is working - although to what end I shudder to think.Smiley Wink

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 26

I raised the initial question because a. I was interested in when the promised migration would take place  b. I was fed up with getting phising e-mails saying I was about to be migrated c.  Fed up with BT doing nothing about phising emails despite many of them coming from bt email accounts d. bemused that when I had problems with my email account the BT help desk tried to reset it to a BT email server when it was still on a Yahoo server e.  interested in when BT will finally deliver on its promise of moving me to a better email system.

Overall  the answer seems to be :  original plan of BT has been allowed slip without informing customers,  when migrated we may end up in worse position and people will defend this.

So as usual no real answer to original question

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 26

@erin wrote:

d. bemused that when I had problems with my email account the BT help desk tried to reset it to a BT email server when it was still on a Yahoo server

Why should you be bemused, the mail server for both systems is mail.btinternet.com.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 26

This came up about 4 months ago when I lost emails connectivity on iphone and ipad.  The help desk kept asking me to reset the server to btemail with no success and then after about 5 attempts they said you are still on yahoo and you mst use the yahoo server still.  I have just checked and both ipad and iphone and they are set with Primary servers as : Yahoo! SMTP Server with mail.btinternet.co. set to off as per help desk instructions

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 26

Regardless of which mail system you are on, the SMTP, POP3 and IMAP server name is mail.btinternet.com.

SMTP port should be 465 with SSL selected, POP3 should be 995 with SSL selected or IMAP 993 with SSL selected.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 26

So why did the Helpdesk set it up through the Yahoo server (which works fine). Do I leave or go with your suggestion?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 26

I have never used anything other than mail.btinternet.com as a mail server, this is from pre Yahoo days (yes, there is pre-Yahoo), and throughout the BT Yahoo period. I am yet to be migrated but I have an account on BTMail which also uses mail.btinternet.com as the mail server. At some point (if the migration ever happens), you will need to change to mail.btinternet.com as the Yahoo server will no longer work. Your choice if you do it sooner rather than later.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 26

Just tried to set it up using the BTmail server. However I get an error message saying it does not recognise my password. Which I think was the issue last time even after the Helpdesk reset it. I have checked the,password I am using by accessing email via the web and it is correct
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 26

Yes I remember pre Yahoo but I do not remember any great performance when it changed, we got a notification, it just changed. I did not do anything the interface just looked different (neither better or worse just different) I can't understand why it is such a performance this time.

0 Ratings