cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael21
Contributor
Message 1 of 21

When will Sky sports 1 & 2 leave DTT freeview/Topuptv?

Go to solution

Any one got information on this please thanks.

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 21

Re: When will Sky sports 1 & 2 leave DTT freeview/Topuptv?

Go to solution

Some time between 12 and 30 June according to my letter from BT.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
michael21
Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

^ Do you get the sky sports channel on Topuptv?

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

Not TUTV as such, but with a BT card on Freeview channels 41 & 42, which are earmarked for BT Sport from 1 August.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
michael21
Contributor
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

I did not now about the BT cards so by 1/7/13 the Sky sports channel will no longer be on channel 41/42.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

@michael21 wrote:

I did not now about the BT cards so by 1/7/13 the Sky sports channel will no longer be on channel 41/42.

Definitely, but possibly as early as 12 June. It's not yet clear whether existing cards will work for BT Sport or if there will be new ones. Either way, I hope they remember to stop charging for the Sky Sports.

--
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

Update. I phoned BT last evening to clarify confusing information in their letter; it appears they sent me the wrong one [sigh]. But during the conversation I managed to get confirmation that existing cards will  be used to provide BT Sport via Freeview channels 41 & 42. (I didn't ask about the future of the current ESPN channel 34.)

To sum up, non-Infinity customers who currently get Sky Sports using a BT Vision viewing card need to hang on to the card when it stops working sometime during the second half of June.

--
michael21
Contributor
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

That good information it the 1st time i seen comformation of the channel numbers.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

It's been reasonable to surmise that this would be the outcome but, like you, it's the first time I've heard of any confirmation from BT. Let's hope the adviser was right - she did check and was quite confident.

--
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

When channels 41 and 42 were first introduced in july 2010 i  they were originally named BT1 & BT2