cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 21

Re: When will Sky sports 1 & 2 leave DTT freeview/Topuptv?

Go to solution

Know all we need to find out is will BT sports 1 & 2 be on topuptv?

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

Can't see any reason why the launch of BT Sport should affect that.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

Well no deal has been has been confirm between BT sports and Topuptv.Will Bt sports let Topuptv sale there channel?

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

Apologies, I missed the point. I'd ask TopUp TV; phoning could turn out to be expensive but you could email them at enquiries@topuptv.com.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

I have emailed them pretending to be dumb 🙂 seeing if they lie. I can't see them offering Sky Sports on their own but at £34.99 / month! Suppose with a Sky day pass at £9.95 TopUp TV is cheap 🙂

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

Did you ask them what channels they will be using?

--
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

I got a reply from TopUp TV. They said....

"Dear Mr F,

Negotiations with BT are on-going and we are confident that a positive outcome will be reached in the very near future. Full details have yet to be finalized.

Kind Regards,

Doreen."

How are TopUp TV going to distribute Sky Sports with 41 & 42 being used for BT Sport?

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

@Fozziebear40 wrote:

I got a reply from TopUp TV. They said....

"Dear Mr F,

Negotiations with BT are on-going and we are confident that a positive outcome will be reached in the very near future. Full details have yet to be finalized.

Kind Regards,

Doreen."

How are TopUp TV going to distribute Sky Sports with 41 & 42 being used for BT Sport?

Well, that's the question michael21 raised; I also asked TUTV and just received an identical reply. With BT's assurance that BT Sport will occupy channels 41 & 42, my guess is that TUTV will have to stop providing Sky Sports. At a whopping £35 a month I'd be surprised if they have anything like the number of customers required to maintain independent channels. Watch out for another BT Sport outlet for non-BT BB customers?

--
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

Do BT actually own (as in rent) channels 41 & 42 from freeview or are they a sub contract to somebody else? and.....

Are there any other freeview channels currently not in use?

All the best

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

Look like Sky sports 1 & 2 will be lieaving Topuptv on june 30 2013 @ midnight here a letter i got from Topuptv.

What do i need to do now?

Top Up TV will continue to broadcast Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 until midnight on Sunday 30th June and ESPN until midnight on Wednesday 31st July. You do not need to contact us to cancel your subscription. Top Up TV will automatically stop your sports subscriptions on these dates and they will not appear on your bill after this time. Your final month subscription charge will be calculated so that you do not pay for any services you have not received. The hardware that you are using to receive these channels will continue to work beyond these dates.

So what's next?

Your ability to enjoy premium sports channels is of utmost importance to us. To ensure you can still access great value premium sports channels we have negotiated some exceptional deals with Sky on your behalf. We will be writing to you shortly with full details of these offers on a range of Sky's fantastic sports and entertainment packages. In the mean time call Sky TV now on 08442 410 457 to find out about these great deals.

If you do not wish to be contacted by us regarding these offers, you can opt out from receiving further correspondence. To do this visit offers.topuptv.com/op-out and complete the online opt out form within 21 days of receipt of this letter (fast and free), or call Top Up TV on 08712 714 271 (national rate call charges apply) Please keep this letter to hand as you will need information included to opt out.

I would like to thank you for your custom and hope that you continue to enjoy top sporting action and great entertainment in the future

Best wishes