cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

When will the ip channel fast forward /rewind get fixed?

I was hoping that this long awaited update would Fox the fast forward and rewind of Internet channels to function the same as normal channels but no such luck.

This is so annoying it fast forwards a full minute but then rewinds in like 15 seconds intervals.

Is this being worked on?

On a happier note I love that the record light comes on when the box is in standby now.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: When will the ip channel fast forward /rewind get fixed?

Bump

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Bump x2
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

The info we got was that this won't change as the coding the ip channels use can't be decoded fast enough for visible ff and rew, so I wouldn't hold out too much hope for this ever changing. I actually find going forward in 1 minute chunks works better than the visual ff as I always miss the start and have to rew again and for large jumps just stop the play and move fast up the timeline or input the exact minutes

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I too actually prefer the way the IPTV channels ff and rw. I find that I get to the place in the programme I want a lot quicker than ff and rw on the "normal" channels.

If only all the channels could do the same!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

@ JSB1980 I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but I thought if you used the SKIP buttons (not the FF/REW) you could skip the same way on the normal channels as you could on the IP channels i.e. 1 minute forward and 15 seconds back.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I'll have to try that, makes sense. Feel a bit silly now for not realising! 😄
0 Ratings