Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sts105
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

When will this pleasure ever end.

Hello:

I really do need some help here - please.

In mid September I ordered BT broadband and TV which included BT sport. The connection was made on 10th October - all was good until I had an email a two days later saying 'Sorry you are leaving BT'  I called and said I was not leaving but the lady said that an instruction had come from Plusnet and they were taking over the contract. I assured the lady that I did not want to leave ( I had only just upgraded) but she told me that I had to call Plusnet and get them to retract the instruction - I did call them and they confirment that they had NOT requested anything and were sorry for my troubles. I called BT back and another lady said she would make a note on the system so that I would NOT be disconnected. The next day, you guessed it - we were disconnected.

I called BT and was told there was a fault on the line - 3 days passed - well it was a fault, but now we think its the router, we'll send you another one - nothing. 10 days later I called again - you've told us you are leaving, so we have disconnected you. Please re-connect it asap, I've run out of audio books and cannot see to read any more, I'm nearly 86 and not exactly in the best of health. Ok say BT we will place another order and get you connected pronto. We will escalate the job to grade 3. Oh thank you, but what is grade 3, oh its a priority say BT.

Well, 10 weeks, three new orders, three cancellations, hours on the telephone, replacements routers and BT TV boxes and we still have no service and not once has anyone called to say, its not going to happen.

I've never been away from BT, so I've never had to be welcomed back with a big bonus or a discount. I have had the same phone number and service contract for 50 years and my account is in credit. Also until recently I had Plusnet broadband, which I used to download my kindle audio books (and it has just occured to me that I may actually pass away before I get reconnected). 

This has and is, causing a great deal of stress in what is left of my life and quitre honestly I could do without it.

I have even missed the SKY TV deadline for connection before Christmas, as you were going to sort it all out yesterday.

I now have another email thanking me for my new BT order which will be complete on 30th December, just like the one that was to be completed on Rememberance day - and just like the one that was  to be complete on the 27th Nov and just like the one set for yesterday.

Well I feel better for that little rant, even if I never get to see the little blue light on the router or hear another audiobook again.

KR 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: When will this pleasure ever end.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 4

Hi @sts105 welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry about the problems with your BT service and the delay getting this sorted.  Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
joepineapples90
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

These are the sort of horror stories I read before contemplating taking up BT broadband myself and can only thank the O.P for sharing.  I too suffer from stress and couple this with BT's ability to rescind on the (so called) contract price at any time has made me change my mind again and again.  Yes I could cancel should it happen, but that could potentially lead to more stress.

Sure, mistakes happen in businesses all the time, but its how they're dealt with that's important, and the O.P was clearly let down in this regard.

0 Ratings