cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TimAcheson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

When will we get better broadband in Braughing?

1. Could somebody please confirm: when will we get ADSL2 here in Braughing (Puckeridge Exchange) please?

2. When will we get BT Infinity here, postcode area SG11 2NN?

I posted on this forum about the issue of poor broadband service via BT's infrastucture here in Braughing earlier today.

I called customer services today and they asked me to enter my postcode on bt.com/superfastbroadband but as I pointed out to the supervisor at the time there is no such option. After extensive searching on Bing.com and Google.com I finally found a web page on BT.com proclaiming "We're on track with superfast broadband" with a [broken] link promising "Learn more about ADSL2+ super-fast broadband", but as you can see the link doesn't work and the page simply states "Sorry, this page is currently unavailable". BT's customer service supervisor also advised searching bt.com for "adsl2" which I did, but the page in the search results is also a broken link too!

Perhaps BT took down the web page I needed down because having had all the glory of the announcements of ADSL2+ in the media they are now behind schedule or perhaps have given up altogether. In their haste, perhaps they forgot to remove links to the page in their CMS's database.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: When will we get better broadband in Braughing?

according to the samknows website your on a very small exchange and there is no date shown for 21CN or infinity.http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search

looking at your exchange there does not appear to be any other provider apart from BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
TimAcheson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

I know. Virgin Media were under the impression when I called them today that we'll get ADSL2 by the end of July with a letter going out to customers within two weeks. BT seem to think it's more like the end of the year at the earliest. It has the hallmarks of slipping timelines. I'm also in talks with the helpful folks at firewifi.com.

0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 11

The openreach list for invinity-

http://www.openreach-communications.co.uk/superfast/where-and-when/

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
TimAcheson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Thanks, @NilSatisOptimum. Those are useful lists.

Unfortunately, my exchange (Puckeridge) is not on any of the lists!
0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 11

I put your postcode in link below however if this was right I don’t think
you would be posting, if you have current problem you may like to post your
router stats and BT speed test for others to offer some advice.

https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Community/Broadband_Community/Coverage/ADSL_Availibility_Ch...#

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
TimAcheson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

@NilSatisOptimum Yes, sadly that checker just tells me the exchange supports ADSL and ADSL Max. I had called BT customer support to ask about ADSL Max, and spoke to a supervisor who promised to find out and call me back (an excellent way of getting me off the phone) but to date I haven't heard back and I won't be holding my breath.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

if you have BT broadband then are you not already on adslmax?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
TimAcheson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

@imolly I don't know for sure. The data available to me in online checks and speed tests etc simply indicates that this is an ADSL connection and that ADSL Max is available at my exchange. Also I'm not getting the speed range I'd expect with ADSL Max. The current expected and observed connection speed range is very much consistent with ADSL rather than ADSL Max.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

you should be able to check your router and look for modulation of 992.1 adslmax

0 Ratings