Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Where are my BT Mail services

Go to solution

I have been connected to BT Broadband now since Monday 8th November and still my email services have not been activated by BT.

The MyBT page says "BT Email will be available within 24 hours after you first use your broadband."

What is the exact interpretation of "within 24 hours" ?

On Tuesday I contacted the BT Help chat line to be told by an agent to wait another 24 hours.

On Wednesday I phone the BT Help line.  The agent said I was talking to the wrong person and would put me through to another agent who would phone me back.  The other agaent phoned me back and told me to wait another 24 hours.

On Thursday I again contacted the BT Help chat line.

The first agent asked for me account number.  They then replied back saying I am not connected to BT Broadband.  I replied saying I was connected up on the Monday and am talking to them using BT Broadband.  They put me throught to another agent.

The next agent asked my for my phone number.  They then replied back saying my phone number was not registered with BT.  I replied saying I had phone the BT help line the previous day and they had also called me back so the phone line must be working.  They put me through to yet another agent.

I must have been passed on to 6 or 7 different agents.  The last agent I talked to said I would have to wait a further 7 days.

As I was getting nowhere with this farse of a help line I said my goodbyes and disconnected.

The MyBT page is still lying to my face with "within 24 hours".  BT could not even be bothered to change it to say "Ha Ha, we've got your money".

Can any of the BT moderators help solve this one and get my PAID FOR email services switched on.

I will report back on progress assuming I have not cancelled all BT services by then.

Cheers

Reynard - A very unhappy new customer.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Where are my BT Mail services

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

@Reynard I'm sorry about the problems you've had when trying to set up your email.  Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks Neil, Info sent.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

I've always been intrigued as why an experience subscriber (such as say yourself) to the BTCare Community forum has to ask a moderator to provide assistance. If the moderators are on the Forum why does anyone have to ask them to intervene?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Because the mods don't necessarily read every post. It just alerts them to a post that can't be resolved by community members.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Can things get any worse with this company.

My broadband is down to a crawl now.

I ran a BT speed test and it failed.  Presumably because the speed is too low for it to measure.

Ran an independant speed check from www.speedtest.net and they report a download speed of 0.26Mb.

Not quite the 38Mb I was expecting to get.

Cheers

Reynard

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

@Reynard wrote:

Can things get any worse with this company.

My broadband is down to a crawl now.

I ran a BT speed test and it failed.  Presumably because the speed is too low for it to measure.

Ran an independant speed check from www.speedtest.net and they report a download speed of 0.26Mb.

Not quite the 38Mb I was expecting to get.

Cheers

Reynard

Assuming you want help/advice about this you, need to post on the broadband board as you are less likely to get the necessary help about broadband on the email board

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Just looking for the services that BT sold me and took the money for.

Only been connected for one week and not impressed so far.

Just waiting for the phone to go down now to complete the set.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Suit yourself but as I said, you won't get much help about broadband on this board.

0 Ratings