cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 8

Where are the cabinet roll out plans?

Can someone please help?

My exchange has been enabled for infinity for about a year now.

The open reach checker says 'Accepting Orders'

But there's no view of my actual cabinet being enabled.

So.. My cabinet is Peebles cabinet 12. How can I find out when this will be done?

Does anyone know about a plan?

Thanks,

Pip
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Where the cabinet roll out plans?

Cabinet plans aren't available publicly, here are a few things you can do however.

Register your interest on this website http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

Email nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk and ask if there are any plans, make sure to include information such as your cabinet number and the exchange you're connected to.

Keep checking this link http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput as they are constantly adding cabinets to the rollout plan.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Well that's pretty rubbish really... So you're saying that no one has a plan which anyone can check?

Someone must have a clue? Simply 'registering interest' and checking websites periodically is pretty poor really....

Anyone?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

the rollout plans are held by openreach and not BT retail and as openreach only deal with ISPs only ISPs will have an idea of when cabinets will be upgraded - but upgrade is down to openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

That is basically what I mean. Openreach know it, but it isn't available publicly.

Emailing them may give you information however.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

@Pipjg:  I agree entirely, according to people on my thread you should have a flag beside your cabinet indicating progress/holdups.

I never did and the only way is to create hell with nga.  Well at least make an initial enquiry asking why the holdup, they will probably come back with planning, electricity supply or ducting issues (blocked/collapsed etc).  I said to them no problem just tell me where it is blocked and I will inspect the problem for myself.  Strange they then said they didn't have full details!

If they say planning, if the cabinet is already installed then they are lying.  If it is electricity supply then contact the electricity board and ask them, bet they will say there is no issue.

I was in exactly the same position, and every 3 months the date was moved back 3 months.  Apparently now they just put the date far into the future so they don't get any hassle, but give them hassle as they need to be held to account and they should publish the plans.

My cabinet is now live and I am getting almost a full 80Mb/sec connection to the cabinet.  Good Luck

Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 7 of 8

Hi Pipjg,

As already been said BT Retail (a communication provider whom operate this forum) has nothing to do with the rollout of Fibre broadband (FTTC/P) as the rollout is being managed and done by Openreach for all ISPs & Communication Providers.

Openreach's Superfast Fibre Broadband plans are considered commercially sensitive so they are not released to the public.

If there is no mention of WBC FTTC when checking the BT Wholesale Database then unfortunately it looks like your cabinet isn't currently in Openreach's fibre broadband rollout plan. 

Click here to see what your looking for in the BT Wholesale Database

The Openreach Superfast Fibre Broadband rollout is still in it's early stages and the plans are always being added too. 

So your cabinet may be upgraded in the future, though there is no public time scale on when that will be.

Please bear in mind that in some cases it may not be possible to provide FTTC broadband in areas due to: 

• Your line may be too far from the local street cabinet to have a stable FTTC broadband service such as BT Infinity service.
• Your local street cabinet may not be suitable for fibre optic cables.
• We haven't yet got the council's planning permission to do the necessary work at your local street cabinet.
• Your home may not be suitable for fibre optic cables.
• Your landlord may not have agreed to the fibre infrastructure being provided in your building (for example if you live in a flat).

There isn't a adequate power supply

• Health and safety issues

• No ducting or inadequate ducting

plus lots more.

The build of the fibre broadband infrastructure in the area isn't always easy and can be very complex.

Unfortunately BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP who operates this forum) does not have much say as to when and if you will be able to get FTTC or FTTP/H based broadband such as BT Infinity.

You can register your interest for Fibre Broadband such as BT Infinity by going to http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/expression-gen.aspx

You can keep checking the BT Wholesale Database and BT Infinity website for the most upto date information as these are updated regularly.

The openreach When and Where website is: http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

**The Fibre-Optic Broadband Rollout is being managed and done by Openreach for all communication providers/ISPs.
BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP) has nothing to do with the rollout of fibre broadband.**

Hope that helps,

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

also not all cabinet locations are financially viable to update
0 Ratings