Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vacuman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Where has my 550gb gone?

Go to solution

Who can I talk to about my BT Cloud space. I've paid for an upgrade to 550gb which is all but 300mb exhausted. yet if I look at all my files they don't even total more than 100gb.

I've deleted my trash without any great change so now at a loss as what to do.

Interesting that if I log into the 'old BT Cloud' - https://btcloud.bt.com/web/static/old/index.html - it shows I have used only 15% of my space so why will the new BT Cloud not show this?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
NeilO
Message 2 of 8

Re: Where has my 550gb gone?

Go to solution

@vacuman do you have any files in Deleted Items? If you do these count towards your storage limit.  

If you need to free up space you'll need to "Empty Deleted Items" to remove the files permanently. You can either empty the deleted items all in one go, or select individual files to delete permanently. Once Deleted Items are emptied, you won't be able to get the files back, so be careful before you decide to do this.

If that's not it the cloud team can be contacted on this link 0800 500 3114 open 9am to 9pm Mon - Fri and 9am to 6pm Sat and Sun.

0 Ratings
vacuman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks - my Deleted Items is empty so I guess I need to call the team.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@vacuman post back and let us know how you get on with the helpdesk. If it's a system fault they may need to escalate it to our suppliers to get it sorted.

0 Ratings
vacuman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

So after 20 minutes wait I got through to an off-shore agent who listened to my problem, took over my PC with GTA and then suggested that I should delete ALL my backups and start again.

I said I was not prepared to do this and asked for my fault to be escalated to 2nd line. He agreed to do this as he couldn't understand where over 500gb of space had gone.

24 hours later and no call back from 2nd line so I called again. This time it too 42 minutes before my call was answered and another 30+ minutes demonstrating the same problem to an agent who clearly had no more idea than the other guy. She also agreed to escalate to 2nd line and this time I got a VOL reference and a promise that I will be called on Monday 17th Oct.

I have just retired from BT after 39 years and no longer have access to the 'back door's via the BT directory. For my sins, back in 2006-7, I was one of the original Product Managers for IT Manager and therefore aware of the capability and the deficiencies of our remote support services. I'm starting to uinderstand why we get such bad press for our customer support. 

I know we are not unique....after holding on for over an hour today to get answered by HRMC the lady said she would need to put me through to a different office...and cut me off ARGHHHHHH

0 Ratings
vacuman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Well surprise surprise. The promised call from 2nd line didn't happen so I called again and this time the agent offered to get 2nd line to call me back within the hour. This was at about 18.30 so I was delighted with the offer and sat and waited by the phone.

Well surprise surprise and silly me for thinking I would actually get a call. I think I will have to get one of my former BT colleagues to run my issue through Action Line. I managed to get a number of issues resolved for family and friends that way when I was at BT so perhaps it's now my turn.

0 Ratings
vacuman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

So we have an end to my story.

2nd line support suggested I rebuild my BT ID / account with new primary email etc. as there was a lot of baggage on my existing account that was confusing things. The plan was to then call back in again and start the fault report again.

In the end I decided to simply download everything back to my PC, including archives from the 'old' BT Cloud. I then deleted all the backups I had in the BT Cloud and amazingly I got my 550gb back yet only downloaded about 75gb.

I am now slowly rearchiving everything and this time I should have plenty of spare space for years to come.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @vacuman Thanks for posting back and letting everyone know how the problem was fixed.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings