cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheDanHB
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Where is film4?

I've moved house so all new to BT for internet and TV.

Youview is up and running. Definitely quirky having to go from guide to apps to on demand to choose something... Suddenly watching TV is laborious, I wish I could just see all options in one place!

Anyway, can someone tell me why I can see Film4+1 on channel 45 but can't see Film4? Don't really want to wait until 10pm to watch the 9pm special films!!

Please help, I've been going around in circles through all the menus, I've re-tuned, but can't make it appear.

Help pleeeeease!
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
PEMforumReg
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Where is film4?

You say that you have moved house, do you need to retune the BT box ?  This might explain why you are missing the channel (is it the only one you are missing?)

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

Film4 should be on channel 15.  It's on the same multiplex as channel 4 and channel 5, so if you can see those, you should also see Film4.

If you can't see those, then it could be an aerial problem.  Film4 is on a different multiplex to Film4+1, and the reception strength for each multiplex can be different.

0 Ratings
TheDanHB
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

PEM
I've moved house and sadly can't get virgin which was great. All the channels in one place and a recording box.

I've set up BT and re-tuned as I mention.
Does that mean no go?
0 Ratings
TheDanHB
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Ectophile
I can get channel5 and 5 and film4+1
No channel on 15. I'm not at home to check but it skips from about 005 to 045 on the TV with nothing in between.
Is there a way to force it to tune channel 15?! Apparently the system says general signals etc are good.
0 Ratings
PEMforumReg
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

When you re tune, do you get the offer of selecting from different regions?

I found that, in that case, the box tuned to the first, lower strength channel, rather than the selected region.  I cured this by inserting an attenuator in the line and retuning .  This lead to only the main region being offered

0 Ratings