cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandieg
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Where is the pin screen to connect wireless printer (Home Hub 2)

Please can anyone help?

I bought a Kodak C315 printer/scanner to use on another pc.  I am now trying, without any success at all to get it to talk to my home hub (or vice versa) so I can use it from my laptop.  Upstairs PC runs Vista, laptop and main PC run windows 7.  laptop talks quite happily to Epson on main PC but I wanted to use a particular facility on the Kodak.  Software has been installed on upstairs PC and laptop]

The printer instructions say either use push button configuration and press the WPS button on the router (can;t find one) or generate a PIn and enter it into my router softwares PIN screen (can;t find it)

Help would be much appreciated as I am now losing the will to live with the stupid thing.

Printer connects properly using a USb but as it is upstairs and I am usually downstairs I'd need too long a lead.

Lack of 5 year old in household does not help:):)

Thank you in advance

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Where is the pin screen to connect wireless printer (Home Hub 2)

have you tried the wifi wizard in the printer setup?  if so does it see your hub ssid?  again if so and you select it will ask for pin - this is the wifi password for the hub - either on the hub or something you have changed it to.  then continue.  your printer will now try amnd conect to the hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sandieg
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Where is the pin screen to connect wireless printer (Home Hub 2)

Well not quite sure what I did but it now works,, thank you so much for your help lmjolly.  It works on the laptop, now to try the pc.

0 Ratings