cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 13

Where is......

......or is there any official documentation available for a BTCare community forum member to read regarding how to de-register for these forums and what will happen or what can the member ask the Moderation team to do regarding the authors posts?

(I've put the Subject heading like this as I don't think it would all fit).

I believe this falls under the category of Forum Help.

I am undecided yet but the questions are relevant.

If I was to decide to leave this thriving community what do I need to do?

Do I delete all my posts (as I am the Author) then leave?

Ask for a moderator to delete all posts for me as I would have to ask them to delete any of my posts on locked threads?

How do I remove my log in id?

Thank you for any help with these questions.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Teemo
Beginner
Message 2 of 13

Re: Where is......

I'd also know how to get all my details removed from the forum.

After 2 weeks away it's taken me most of the weekend to catch up and I don't like it one bit.

Too much censorship, not enough security, too many unwanted scripts, not enough openess.

I really had hoped that here would be better than the "other place" but it seems the heavy hand has taken control.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Hi DS,

If you wish to leave the forum we can arrange that for you. Drop an email to the Mods and we'll take care of it. If you want your posts removed just let us know.

Cheers

David

Edit – Sorry guys, I was mistaken as to our policy on removing posts so please refer to Kerry’s clarification further on in this thread http://community.bt.com/t5/Forum-Help-Suggestions/Where-is/m-p/4384#M582

0 Ratings
neilmorgan
Expert
Message 4 of 13

Removal of messages (for anyone) would make a nonsense of many of the threads and depending on the usefulness of the content would be disastrous for some.

Can't we just get the suspect scripts and other dodgy bits & bobs removed so people do not fear the beast?

Message 5 of 13

polite note. Please edit if required but if possible don't lock it. Thank you.

@Teemo. I'm afraid to say but I have to agree with your comments. I'm very suprised and saddened that one of my threads got locked and my actions managed to get another members thread locked. I am so sorry to the author. This was NOT my intention.

@DavidM. Thank you for the information. I must stress I am still undecided.

@neilmorgan. The snowball has already been built and for the record it is not by me. My feelings are should I become part of the ball before it reaches the bottom.

0 Ratings
StewartM
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

DavidM, I have now requested on two occasions for my details to be deleted.

Please can this be done.

Stewart
0 Ratings
StewartM
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

DS, it appears it doesn't matter what you decide, I have requested that my details be removed from the forum and despite 4 requests my details are still here.

Seems that the Mods promise is an empty one!

Stewart
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 13

@Stewart

Simple

You are entitled to ask this under Section 11 of the DPA. (given to me by a good friend).

How long it should take. Ah don't know that one but i'd expect communication in 2 days.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
StewartM
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

@DS, yes two days would seem ample if only just to get an acknowlegement that they have my request.

I will wait until tomorrow evening.

Stewart
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 13

I guess it could be very problematic, time consuming and be a right pain in the ears (well its spelt the same) for the mods/admin/management!!

What happens to a thread that (for example) you created and it has received many replies?

What happens if you've given/received ratings to/from others?

They (I guess) would join the old forum - gone/no more!

0 Ratings