cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 15

Where on bt.com are the T&C. Being refused support.

Go to solution

Can anyone point me to where I can find the T&C on bt.com.  The reason I ask is that I had a phone call fromn the UK broadband technical team saying that whilst I have a case open with the Ombudsman that they cant give me suport for any issues that may be contained within the case that I have with the Obudsman.  Yet the asked the UK team to send me a letter stating that they couold not give me any suport whilst there is an open case with the Obudsman, he sadi that he could not do this.  Tried to say that the off shore team had passed the fault to them by mistake.  If there were the case then why did he start to give me suport in an earlier phone call today then suddenly ring me back and say what he did.  Only one of two reasons that I can think of are,k one that they have no clue as to how to fix the fault or two they just want to get rid of me as a customer or maybe both.

I was told that if I needed any support I would have go through the Ombudsman.  Oh yeh, thirteen weeks to get an answer from the Ombudsman every time you contact them.

I shall be sneding a email to Ian Livingston.  Also one to the Ombudsman.

Look forward to reading your replies.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 15

Re: Where on bt.com are the T&C.

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks toekneem.  Still would like to know if BT can refuse to give support whilst a customer has a complaint open with the Ombudsman.  I have just read throught th T&C also the the complaint code and I can not find anywhere where is states that if I have an open case with the Ombudsman then BT can refuse to give me support for anything do with or related to what is in the complaint.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Sorry Diean,

It's not that I won't give you that info, I can't because I don't know it.

[edit] maybe it all has to stay as status quo till the outcome from the Ombudsman

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Well I surpose I shall just have to pu up with the HH3 dropping connection up to ten times a day and a slower BB speed on ADSL2 then what I had on ADSL1.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Hi Diean,

Have you posted your problem in the appropriate forum, some members might be able to assist.

Remember this is a customer to customer forum, "customers helping customers" not BT helping you.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

I was hoping to find out from other customers if they had had a similar situation or if there was another customer that might have an answer to wheather this is the case that BT can refuse to give support for any fault that may accure after the date that a complaint is lodge with the Ombudsman.

toekneem, if you would likt to point me to where I should post this, then thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

If you have taken the case to the ombudsman, while they investigate I'm almost sure Bt as any other are not allowed to proceed with any work, until Ombudsman concludes the investigation. Any support given now would impede the true account of what has happened.  Its been some time since I considered this option so this may be flaky.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Diean,

What I meant was, Have you asked the forum members here for help with your Broadband connection problems.

I see your are on adsl2 so this would be the correct forum if you want to state your broadband problem and request help . Remembering that the help comes from other customers.

You can still leave this post asking for customers help on the Ombudsman issue.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

As I said in the original post, it has been some months since I took the case to the Ombudsman and surely if differant faults occure during the time that the case is with the Ombudsman than surely I should be able to get support for them.  I know BT support gina=erically call all faults with broadband, "slow speed issue" but when it is not a case of a slow speed but of the HH3 or any HH connected keeps dropping connection then I am entiltled to support.  My actual case with the Ombudsman is to do with being mis-sold the broadband at point of sale, so is not to do with speed.

0 Ratings