Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 15

Re: Where on bt.com are the T&C.

Go to solution

Why do you think you were mis sold BT Broadband? (just trying to get a better understanding)

Also, did you follow the correct complaints procedure and received a deadlock letter before contacting the Ombudsman?

Further reading:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10789/~/how-do-i-make-a-complaint%3F

http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/RegulatoryandPublicaffairs/Codeofpractice/CustomerComplaintsCode/Compl...

Have you ever had an Openreach Engineer visit or have you 100% ruled out any internal (in the home) faults that could be causing the connection to drop?

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Hi Diean,

Can you send us an email and I'll see what we can do here? If the case with the Ombudsman was about something else (i.e. your broadband package/misselling) then I can’t see any reason why we wouldn’t be able to help with your speed now.

You can get in touch via our “Contact Us” form, you can get it by clicking on username (top left of my profile page).

Thanks,

Stephanie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

for DS, sorry but a public forum would not be the right place to discuss the ins and outs of what the case is with the Ombudsman.  Will just say that the speeds that were promised at the time I was sold the package have never been achieved and at the time were not posible. Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Ok.

Take up the mods offer.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Further to wheather or not BT can stop giving support when a customer has an open case with the Ombudsman.  I have been informed by the Ombudsman service that even if a customer of any Telecommuncations company, that company still has a statutary right to still give their customer the same level of support, even if that support may be for the same issue as the complaint relates too.  As stated even by BT, if you make a complaint then your rights are not affected.  So it would seem that if BT pursist in refussing to give the same level of support (for the good that the support is) they are/will be in breach of contract.  As prat of every package that is sold, they state 24/7 help desk support is availavable.  I shall have to phone them later and see if they are still refussing support.  I have to wai9t until Tuesday to speak to the liason person at the Ombudsman swervices, after she has spoken to BT and to get an email with complete clarrificatio0n on this matter.  I'll keep you all up to date as things progress.

0 Ratings