cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 20

Where's my Fup email warning ?

According to my Hub stats up to yesterday I've used 11.05 Gb which is probably correct as my son has been watching wrestling on Sky via his Xbox a few times, which means that I'm already over my 10 Gb allowance with 13 or 14 days still to go, but where's my warning email from BT ?, I haven't had one yet .

Del.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
harrybeadlebaum
Contributor
Message 2 of 20

Re: Where's my Fup email warning ?

Hi Del,

The warning emails can take a while to appear, and should not be relied on as an accurate indicator of usage.

Any warning emails are sent to your BT supplied email address, and should appear during the next 14 days...Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 20

@harrybeadlebaum wrote:

Hi Del,

The warning emails can take a while to appear, and should not be relied on as an accurate indicator of usage.

Hi Harry,

Yes , exactly my point.

Or  could it be an indicator that the BT online usage monitor implementation is imminent Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
harrybeadlebaum
Contributor
Message 4 of 20

LOL Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
kmccaughey
Contributor
Message 5 of 20

They deliberately send them after you have reached the cap (i.e. the initial warning) so that you have no chance of remedying the situation. That way they can throttle you for 30 days.

Typically these warning appear about a week to 10 days after the event and as such are totally useless.

0 Ratings
MeanMint
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 20

You don't get throttled on Option 1 or 2 you just get charged £1 per Gb over.

Get your Son to cough up his pocket money to cover the cost, that's what I do.Smiley Wink

http://meanmint.spaces.live.com/
0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 20

Pocket money ? he's 24! still a pratt though  Smiley Indifferent   Don't worry, he pays up or the ethernet lead disappears Smiley Mad

The other day he told us he might be moving out soon, I said "ohhh dear what a pity sob sob " Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

We will all soon benefit from a broadband usage monitor from BT!!!

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 20

@kmccaughey wrote:

They deliberately send them after you have reached the cap (i.e. the initial warning) so that you have no chance of remedying the situation. That way they can throttle you for 30 days.

Typically these warning appear about a week to 10 days after the event and as such are totally useless.

I've written a lot on why I believe the received emails are useless (for the FUP 80GB ones etc), but saying that they send them "deliberately after reaching a cap" is pure speculation and not at all helpful.

Please don't post non factual statements, it won't actually help your ongoing case.

0 Ratings
Sweeney47
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 20

He cannot prove they deliberately delay the emails the same way you cannot prove to the contrary. Truth is though that the emails arive days later than you go over the cap. The leading telecommunications company in Britain hasnt got the capability to send an email the instant a threshold is reached? I think they do. The same way HMV can send emails to both my emails account at the same time... it doesnt take 3 days for an automatic email to be sent...

I can see 2 reasons why the delays exist.

1. They dont 'check' peoples usage for x amount of day, if they've gone over their usage during the 'blind' period they get an email (the 80GB warning email being useless has been discussed before)

2. The emails are set to be delayed

Either way BT are not giving sufficient warning.

They don't however 'wait' until people have reached the cap to send emails, I've had an 80GB warning one month without hitting 100. It's just those who have gone over 80GB probably soon after go over 100GB and with the delays it appears they've waited...

0 Ratings