Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BMD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Where to report Distribution Box fault?

Go to solution

I noticed a problem with a public BT line distribution box (in the access road behind my flat).

The box looks to have been torn away from the wall, its insides exposed, the lid hanging off, etc. Doesn't appear to be affecting my broadband connection, but there's also a Health & Safety issue - a big loop of cable is protuding into access road and a vehicle could easily catch on it - leading to a nasty accident.

I've looked all over the BT site for ideas about where to report such a thing, with no luck.

Can anyone suggest who I should speak to?

Many thanks,

BMD

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Where to report Distribution Box fault?

Go to solution
this link should help as it is B T openreach you need for this issue not BT retail http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/contactus/tellussomething/tellussomethingaboutournetwork/tellab...
champ1970
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

You could call 151 to report this, however it could belong to virgin media... If its a green cabinet your talking about have a look on the floor around it... If the lids in the footway say cable tv it belongs to Virgin, if bt or post office call the number above.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Hi champ1970 this needs reporting to openreach as it is a network issue outside BT retails hands the link provides contact details
0 Ratings
BMD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks, John. BT Openreach seems to be the right place, as it's definitely a BT distribution point that has the problem.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
glad to help
0 Ratings