Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John1965
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Which Netgear WNDR3700??

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying the Netgear WNDR3700 and I've noticed that a few people on here are already using this router. But, I believe the new version WNDR3700v3 is a new chipset. Is this compatible with Infinity, is anyone using this version?

Thanks

John

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Aarong
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Which Netgear WNDR3700??

Hi John, should be fine with Infinity, here's the information regarding the router itself. http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/WNDR3700v3_SM_20MAY2011.pdf

My moto is, if in doubt google it 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

I use the WNDR3700, works a treat.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
John1965
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Thanks, I did realise after I posted that I'm probably talking nonsense anyway 😉 I was thinking back to the 'good old days' when you had to be careful which router you used because there was sometimes incompatibilities between some router chipsets and the relevant ISP DSLAM. Of course the OR modem is doing that bit so any ethernet router should work in theory...

Thanks

Jon

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 5 of 6

@John1965 wrote:

Thanks, I did realise after I posted that I'm probably talking nonsense anyway 😉 I was thinking back to the 'good old days' when you had to be careful which router you used because there was sometimes incompatibilities between some router chipsets and the relevant ISP DSLAM. Of course the OR modem is doing that bit so any ethernet router should work in theory...

Thanks

Jon

Only if it supports PPPoE

0 Ratings
John1965
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Good point! 🙂

0 Ratings