cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snork-maiden
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Which PCI card is recommended with BT Infinity?

Hi

We are up and running with our BT Infinity service and the speeds on a wired connection are fab!

The PCI card in our PC is pretty old and I believe that is the reason for its poor wireless connection to the hub (about half the wired connection). The Wii and PS3 connect without much loss of speed so it must be a hardware issue with the PC.

Although I've seen a few posts with recommended Wireless adaptors, I wondered if there was a card that anyone would recommend?

Thank you for any recommendations.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Which PCI card is recommended with BT Infinity?

Basically you need a wireless N PCI card preferrably dual band.

As to make they are all pretty much the same and would depend on personal preference.

Something like this though you may find it cheaper elsewhere online.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

the big advantage using a USB adapter is you can add an extension cable so your adapter is on top of your desk and able to be moves about to get best signal very much like an indoor tv aerial.  PCI cards have aerial normally sticking out back of pc which is normally on the floor beside all the other pc cables and power cord

as you can tell I am biased and use a USB adapterSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
snork-maiden
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the help.

After a bit of shopping around we've gone for Edimax EW-7728In 802.11n PCI WiFi Card.

The current PCI card is a Belkin Wireless G so I'm hoping we see an improvement Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

You will see an improvement.

0 Ratings