Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewparkeruk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Which YouView+ box?

Go to solution

I'm about to order online a non-Infinity landline, broadband and TV package. I read that there are two types of YouView+ boxes http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43928/kw/BT%20YouView%20boxes/c/348,7415,7419/?s_intc...

Is one better than the other; and how do I specify the better one when ordering?

Many thanks, Andrew

PS despite living in a populous Manchester suburb, served by one of the earliest Infinity-enabled exchanges, my street doesn't have access to Infinity 😞

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Which YouView+ box?

Go to solution
The TV starter pack only gives you a basic non-recordable box so go for the other box. As you can't get Infinity you might be able to get Copper Multicast.
0 Ratings
andrewparkeruk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you, but to clarify, the linked article states:

We supply 3 different YouView boxes; 2 YouView+ boxes and 1 basic YouView box

So my my question relates to the 2 YouView+ boxes: which of these should I choose, and how do I do that?

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

As you are going for an non Infinity landland the UltraHD box would not really be much good to you as the BT Sports UltraHD channel is only available if you have Infinity. So I would go for the Youview + HD box. 

They should send you a G4 box as the older style Youview + box was discontinued mid last year.

Darren

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
As a standard ADSL broadband customer I would think you only have the choice of two packages?

TV Starter
TV Essential

If you want the recordable box then you would need to subscribe to TV Essential. They should then send you the latest G4 BT Youview+ box (DTR-T2100).

All the TV Entertainment packages require Infinity. Again the particular package chosen determines which box you get sent.
0 Ratings
andrewparkeruk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I do find the linked article confusing because it appears (to me) that there are two YouView+ (recordable), non Infinity/UltraHD boxes; e.g. there are photos of four boxes on that page.

Again, thank you for you help.

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
There are two recordable HD boxes, but one is just the original 2012 model DTR-T1000. As a new customer you should expect the latest 2014 model DTR-T2100 if you sign up to a suitable package.
0 Ratings