cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tafia
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Which modem routers are approved for connection to Openreach fibre to the cabinet

Go to solution

Hi

My ISP tells me I have to use the modem router they supply because the one I wanted to use is not approved for connection to Openreach network.

Where can I see a list of those that are?

Thanks

T

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Which modem routers are approved for connection to Openreach fibre to the cabinet

Go to solution
who is your ISP

0 Ratings
Tafia
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Re: Which modem routers are approved for connection to Openreach fibre to the cabinet

Go to solution

Hi John,

ISP is Zen.

Thanks

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

you really need to ask your ISP for a list

are you talking about just a modem or modem/router?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Tafia
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

The ISP told me I can use another router but must bridge it from their router so that I still use the ISP-supplied modem.

I am talking modem/router

I wonder how modem router makers sell their stuff if it is not approved by Openrach.

Thanks

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Because nobody takes any notice if it is approved by Openreach. The ISP is just covering their backs.

Tafia
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution
Thanks. Problem is they say they can't support non approved kit
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

BT say exactly the same but that doesn't stop anyone from using the modem or modem/router of their choice

many on here use tplink or asus or netgear or billion without a problem. I don't see why you can't do the same as it is an openreach line just the same

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

@Tafia wrote:
Thanks. Problem is they say they can't support non approved kit

That just means they can't give help or advice, not that you can't use it.

Tafia
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks to all for your help.

Sorry I haven't been able to thank you via the ratings star as suggested. I click on it but nothing happens.

Just tried the star again and hadn't realised there is a delay.

Thanks again.

Best regards

T.

0 Ratings