Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tullyhubbert
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 11

Which youview box - returning customer

Go to solution

Thanks to a botched transfer to another ISP I'm returning to BT as a new customer next week. I previouly had BT TV with a 2100 on a 40GB limit, new contract is unlimited but no TV (Might try prime/netflix etc)

I'm having a Mini sent (£10) so I can access the free BT TV channels but can I use my existing 2100 instead?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
jam2000
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Which youview box - returning customer

Go to solution

Yes you should be able to use your current box without any issues.

DanielS
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @tullyhubbert,

First of all, welcome back. It's good you're staying with us on the Community Forums.

There should be no problem using the DTR-T2100. It's worth remembering that we can only provide support on the Youview+ box that we'll have noted on your account, which will be the mini.

DanielS

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
FYI.

There are no free BT TV extra channels as such, only the Freeview ones are free.

The TV Entertainment Starter package still has a monthly subscription, but also has a discount for the first 12 months only which brings the total down to £0. This should be made clear on your bills.

The BT Sport channels can currently be added to a BT TV package at no extra cost if your contracts situation qualifies you (your new BT broadband and BT TV contracts will qualify you for the free offer). Things could change with BT Sport pricing next Aug though.
0 Ratings
tullyhubbert
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies all.

I'm currently internet less until Friday, I re-signed up with BT the old fashioned way (phone) and a few things are a little unclear. Could someone explain how I go about getting the TV entertainment package free for a year? I may have agreed to take it as why else would I want the Mini box at £10? Is this the only package free (Ok chargeable but discounted for a year to £0) as I thought one of the sports channels was still free?

I'd look myself only I've been offline for two weeks already and as I say it'll be Friday before I'm connected again (Fingers crossed) So as I live in a rural area with no mobile 3/4G coverage my time online is very limited.

Off topic now and a mini rant to make me feel better! FWIW, my advice is to avoid EE. I was cold called by them and offered an attractively priced package and I agreed to transfer my phone/internet. Four weeks, two registrations and many phone calls later I arrived at transfer day with no equipment. BT turned me off and towards the end of a lenghty phone call to EE CS (Where they said they'd send out a router next day) I was told there was a problem with my line and they now couldn't offer me a service and cancelled my contract. That has left me phone/internet less since 15/3. I'm sure they have thousands of satisfied customers but I won't be one of them 😞

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
BT Sport Lite (just BT Sport 1) web / app access is free with BT broadband if you get it set up for your account. The full set of BT Sport channels web / app access is £5.

However....

If you order BT Sport on BT TV then it's £0 for all the channels on BT TV and comes with full web / app access included. You need a BT TV package subscription to add it to. BT are basically very keen to boost their BT TV customer numbers to try and catch up with the likes of Virgin and Sky.

So you say order BT phone and BT Infinity. You also order say the £4 BT TV Entertainment Starter (£0 after discount for 12 months). You then order the £19.99 BT Sport on BT TV (£0 after discount for being in broadband and TV minimum terms).

BT normally only send out a mini BT Youview box if you order a BT TV Starter package. Did you order TV Entertainment Starter? Was the £10 the activation fee?

Try calling the Customer Options Team via 0800 800 030. They should be able to view your account and orders and explain any further options.
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
Have you ordered Infinity rather than standard broadband?

On standard broadband your TV options are more limited but you can order TV Starter or TV Essential (no extra entertainment channels with either) and still add the BT Sport on BT TV. Can only record one BT Sport channel at a time though and can't upgrade to HD.
0 Ratings
tullyhubbert
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks Umpire, I've ordered 38MB Infinity which I had previously and my line usually tested at 26-32Mbps.

Quite frankly I'm not sure what I ordered regarding TV! The guy on sales was very good but as I'd just been cut off that day and was looking service asap (Phone + Broadband without TV) I wasn't taking everything in. When offered a box for £10 I thought that was good value to watch some 'free' TV on. Just got logged in to my new account where I see my order is in progress.

Regarding TV and extras this is what it's displaying.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/tullyhubbert/BT%20TV%20Sport_zpswxetyacn.jpg

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
That says 'BT Sport on BT TV'.

So I think you must have also ordered TV Starter which comes with the mini box and has a £10 activation fee. I think it's £4 with a £4 discount for the first 12 months. On Infinity you can add 20 entertainment channels to TV Starter for £2.50 extra.

On Infinity with BT TV you will get the full BT Sport set of channels and can upgrade to HD for extra if you wish. You also get the full web / app access. I think it should appear on your bill as £19.99 with a £19.99 loyalty discount.

You should have an order confirmation email detailing exactly what you ordered.
0 Ratings
tullyhubbert
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks umpire, you are indeed correct.

I rang this morning and I've ordered Infinity with TV Starter package and BT Sport add on. My service should be activated on Friday, I requested the additional 20 entertinment channels be added to my existing order (£2.50 first 12 months) but the CS assistant could not do this, they will however be added on Saturday morning.

HomeHub 5 and Mini youview box were delivered yesterday so hopefully everything will go smoothly and I'll get back online 🙂

0 Ratings