cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 21 of 24

Re: Who can explain this? No Solution required!

@riffatiqbal wrote:

@ray_dorset wrote:
Yeah, but that's only a guess. In order to actually see your sync speed, you need to see it in your modem stats which are locked.

how do you unlock those features of the modem, I am thinking about leaving BT

I cannot figure out exactly what the problem is causing you to think about leaving?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 22 of 24

@G4HLF wrote:

@riffatiqbal wrote:

@ray_dorset wrote:
Yeah, but that's only a guess. In order to actually see your sync speed, you need to see it in your modem stats which are locked.

how do you unlock those features of the modem, I am thinking about leaving BT

I cannot figure out exactly what the problem is causing you to think about leaving?

oh everything is great, the service is excellent, I get 79mb down and 15-16mb up

its the recontract offer they have made which I can not accept.

The contract which just expired, I was paying £33 for it (-£8.35pm). They have offered me an amazing deal of (-£2pm) for the recontract this year, meaning they are asking me to pay £38 for the new contract.

A major company -which you can look up to outside facing upwards- is offering me 50% on the same contract costing me £22pm for the same package as BT are offering me. 

I hope you can understand that, I was frustrated up until the point where I couldn't get a better deal from anyone, but now I am not frustrated as I have an amazing deal at hand to accept sometime soon.

If BT will give me a free home hub 4 in the first week of June then I will recontract (eventough it will be a loss of £100+), but I personally think that BT Wifi, Cloud, Sport, HHB4 will outweigh the 50% offer. BT is stuck with their offer and will not offer me a better deal no matter what, the least they can do is give me the HHB4 for free in the first week of June (which according to press release they should). If they can't provide me with what they should then I would be MAD to stay with this company. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 23 of 24

I'm curious,

who is the other company thats making the 50% offer?

Not talktalk by any chance?

And the HH4 don't look much better than the HH3

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 24 of 24

yes there are conflicting reports about the hh4 so it may be too early to get one, at least until the bugs are ironed out of it

0 Ratings