Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 22

Re: Who is Keith Beddoe?

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@WatchdogTS wrote:

I seem to have stirred up a hornets nest, maybe its just me being cynical but I think it is odd that a volunteer is running a server for BT, a job you would expect a paid employee to do.

I am sorry if you cannot grasp the idea.

Yes, I completely missed "the idea". You said you are running a server, what was I supposed to think. Anyway nice to meet you, you are doing a great job. 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 22

There are plenty of people here doing a great job, that is why we have such an active user forum Smiley Wink

I am just one of many.

0 Ratings
WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 22

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

There are plenty of people here doing a great job, that is why we have such an active user forum Smiley Wink

I am just one of many.

You are to kind, I do my best.😉

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 22

You keep everyone on their toes Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

The Watchdog ethos correctly picks up providers of services who are not up to scratch.  As they should.

As has been said many times on here, this is a customer to customer forum.

The answer to the original question IMHO therefore is, some one who is a volunteer who is helping fellow customers. Free gratis £.

I live in the County of of Yorkshire who originated 'dont do owt for nowt.

I would warmly welcome another Watchdog programme that chastises the idea that customers should help each other.

And then I'd dump it in the Leeds-Liverpool Canal.

Some of us on here still recognise, that service, help and courtesy cost us nothing and bring their own rewards.

Its not BT behind this question IMHO, its the idea that fellow customers might help each other.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

@WatchdogTS wrote:

I have heard it all now, BT staffed by volunteer employees who are in retirement. Is that reasonable when you consider how many people are out of work at the moment.

What the heck is that about?

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 22

@AllanQuatermain wrote:

@WatchdogTS wrote:

I have heard it all now, BT staffed by volunteer employees who are in retirement. Is that reasonable when you consider how many people are out of work at the moment.

What the heck is that about?

That's a fair days work for a fair days pay ethos. As you also say in Yorkshire, you don't get owt for nowt these days. And some people would prefer to speak to the organ grinder if possible.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 22

@WatchdogTS wrote:

I am a bit dismayed to read this.

I am a "Guru" and a CL. I have been helping people out here since the forum was in Beta.

I do it because I like to help out.

I have no association with BT. Not unless being a clergyman somehow qualifies me as a BT employee.

I am retired due to ill health.

i get a bit fed up with assertions that we are all in BT's pockets. I am not the only clergyman  on here 🙂

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 22

Well said Stuart Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 20 of 22

@stuartrogerson wrote:

@WatchdogTS wrote:

I am a bit dismayed to read this.

I am a "Guru" and a CL. I have been helping people out here since the forum was in Beta.

I do it because I like to help out.

I have no association with BT. Not unless being a clergyman somehow qualifies me as a BT employee.

I am retired due to ill health.

i get a bit fed up with assertions that we are all in BT's pockets. I am not the only clergyman  on here 🙂

We are all pleased to receive advice and help from the BT Forums.

Just take a look at Apple Support Communities (there's a large number of Apple users in the UK). It's worldwide, and they are all volunteers.

There's a slight cynical approach which is beginning to emerge in ASC, but this is from a minority, and, in a manner which only Americans can assume, the moaners and groaners are silenced, or rebuked.

0 Ratings