cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 22

Re: Whole Home Wifi Problem (Too many redirects)

Go to solution

I still think its the home hub that is causing the problem. Is the home hub wifi turned off so all devices are connected to the disks?

There is an issue with some of the home hubs which causes issues if a device appears on its wireless interface, and then on its Ethernet interface, it fails to connect to it properly.

As I assume the main disc is connected to the home hub using an Ethernet connection, then I am wondering whether this is the issue, especially as the problem cleared for a while when you factory reset the home hub?

Try factory resetting the home hub again.

Perhaps it may be worth using a different router other than a BT Home hub?

0 Ratings
stevebyatt
Beginner
Message 12 of 22

Go to solution
Hi Keith. Thanks for really quick reply. Yes- Disc 1 connected to Home Hub via Ethernet. When you say try a different router- do you mean connect that to Home Hub, but connect Disc 1 to the different router? Sorry if that's a stupid question!
0 Ratings
stevebyatt
Beginner
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution
And yes- had tried with Home Hub wifi set to "off".
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

@stevebyatt wrote:
Hi Keith. Thanks for really quick reply. Yes- Disc 1 connected to Home Hub via Ethernet. When you say try a different router- do you mean connect that to Home Hub, but connect Disc 1 to the different router? Sorry if that's a stupid question!

Are you on normal broadband or, BT Infinity (with Openreach modem)?

I meant using a third party router other than the home hub 4.

0 Ratings
stevebyatt
Beginner
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution
Normal BT broadband and HH4
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

@stevebyatt wrote:
Normal BT broadband and HH4

The only way I can see you could prove whether its the home hub, which I suspect, would be to buy or borrow a different ADSL router.

They are not that expensive to buy, and and useful as a spare anyway. Unless you have another ADSL router somewhere?

0 Ratings
stevebyatt
Beginner
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution
I have an old Belkin one I used to use as a wifi extender or probably also still got previousBT HH.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

@stevebyatt wrote:
I have an old Belkin one I used to use as a wifi extender or probably also still got previousBT HH.

Wel its worth a try. As wifi performance is not an issue, most routers work well on ADSL, I still use a home hub 1, and its just fine.

I wonder what model the Belkin one is, and which old home hub you have?

You have sufficient spares to try substituting the HH4, I would initially try the Belkin, provided its ADSL2+ capable.

You just need to enter the correct login details, they are exactly the same as the home hub.

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

0 Ratings
stevebyatt
Beginner
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

Tried connecting Belkin router to HomeHub and connected first dish to Belkin. So far - all good (more than 1 day!).

I was going to just use the Belkin router but I cant find any log-in/password details and didnt know if I would need them.

Fingers crossed!

0 Ratings