cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bazzac1
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

WholeHome help

Just installed three discs and all seemed pretty good. Main reason for buying was to get good wifi signal in loft room which seems to have been solved. Speeds seem ok upstairs now but when I bring my Mac to the ground floor where the master disc is located (plugged into my Infinity router) the speed on my Mac drops to a ridiculous level 12mbps on 2.4 ghz band which is unworkable. Router wifi is off. I don't understand why the speed drops so much when I guess when connected to the master disc it should be faster than anywhere. The signals are all showing good. It seems to be my Mac in particular that is running at the slow speed. Tried pretty much everything with settings on my mac. Nothing seems to make a difference. When I go back upstrairs the speed increases bizarrely.

Any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
JohnC2
Message 2 of 3

Re: WholeHome help

Hi @bazzac1 Sorry that the connection speed drops so low when you are connecting to the master disc.

Try the Product help line on 0808 100 6116 and they will be able to investigate what is going on and help you with this issue.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: WholeHome help

You could try enabling compatibility mode. If you log onto the web interface at http://mybtdevice.home when connected to the Wi-Fi and go to Wi-Fi settings, you'll find it there.

If not maybe check your Mac software is all up to date?
0 Ratings