cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Wholehome App Update - still only showing 4 of 6 Discs

Go to solution

I have a 6 disc setup and all discs show up in the web page. The Wholehome App was updated today with 6 disc support but I still only see 4 discs. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Wholehome App Update - still only showing 4 of 6 Discs

Go to solution

With the help of Joel from the BT Helpdesk (thank you) here is the solution that worked for me.

1. Turn off all the Discs except for Disk 1 which is connected to the router.
2. Factory reset Disc1 and allow it to connect
3. Start the BT App and go through the set up process for Disc 1
4. Now add the remaining 5 disc as normal.

in short it was a complete rebuild. My problem was Discs 5 and 6 we’re not Cloning after a factory reset.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hey @Forthay,

Glad to hear you found the solution and thanks so much for coming back to us to share the answer, no doubt this will help others in the same position.  This is exactly what community is all about Smiley Happy

Cheers

Sean

Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Can I ask your help/advice? I have 4 discs (two twin packs) and I’m struggling to set the 2nd two up with the first two for a 4 disc network. When you say the discs were not cloning do you mean when you connected them to the router via an Ethernet cable, waited for a solid blue light, turned off, removed cable and repositioned the additional discs? I’m struggling to understand how to deal with the different wireless network names the two sets of discs came with. You seem to have been successful. Any tips would be so greatly appreciated.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I assume you're using the wholehome app add another disk option in settings and following the instructions on the phone. 

The 'cloning' procedure will give you one network associated with / using the primary (so the tab that contains the network SID, password and admin details of pack 2 essentially becomes redundent).

In my case I had 2 packs of 3 disks as opposed to two.

If using the add another disk option doesn't work I'd start over i.e. reset the primary disk and add the 3 disks one after the other using the app. If need be factory reset all before adding.

Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Cheers, you've saved me a lot of hassle and made the fix easy for me. The reset did the trick. Thank you so much for responding.
0 Ratings