cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Why am I paying £26pm for unlimited broadband when the website says it's only £16pm?

Go to solution

Hi,

I've been with BT since Jan 2012. I have been paying £26pm for unlimited broadband & £15 on top for my line rental.

If I look at teh website it says unlimited broadband is only £16pm.

When I tried to query this with them they said my outstanding bill is due & they will disconnect me on the 22nd if I don't pay.

I'm furious. They won't discuss the overcharging & threatened me instead. If they've been overcharging me for the last 3 years then they owe me a lot of money!!

SO much for customer loyalty!

Does anyone know why I'm paying more than I should be & what can I do about it? I'm a single mum on disability so I need the phone & internet. I can't afford to be disconnected but I am struggling to pay these prices!!

HELP!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Why am I paying £26pm for unlimited broadband when the website says it's only £16pm?

Go to solution

Welcome to the forum. I assume that the initial minimum-term contract you had with BT has now expired. When that happens, your services continue on a monthly basis, but any cut price you had at the outset will be replaced by the standard price. A better deal is usually possible if you take out a further minimum-term contract, but you have to initiate that yourself as BT are quite happy to sit back and let you pay the full price.

Contact the Options Team on 0800 800 030 to see what you can negotiate; it might help if you can quote any better prices available from other providers. Don't expect to get the advertised prices as they are normally aimed at new customers, who for obvious reasons always get the best deal.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: Why am I paying £26pm for unlimited broadband when the website says it's only £16pm?

Go to solution

This might be a daft question but I'll ask it anyway! Do BT give you any indication when your minimum term contract is due to expire and that their charges might increase, as a result? Best Wishes Harry H.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

not normally it is up to you to note the contract end date.  you may if lucky get BT sales trying to upgrade you when contract is due to end

Personally I just make a diary note for a month in advance of end date to negotiate a new deal or give notice of termination

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

imj's way is the only way. You'd think that MyBT would show your contract details, but it doesn't and you have to ask if you forget.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings