cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wookie894
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Why am i still getting charged for calls even though i have an anytime unlimited package?????????

Why am i still getting charged for calls even though i have an anytime unlimited package????????? I know the calls to mobiles are still charged, but even numbers to 0845 are being charged where i can clearly see on the option 3 blurb free calls to these numbers. Am i being blind and missing something? DON'T FORGET THE CHAOS.
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: Why am i still getting charged for calls even though i have an anytime unlimited package????????

BT tarriff guide

You shouldn't be charged for calling 0845 numbers unless the call is longer than an hour. There is a FUP should you be making 100s of free calls, but I don't suppose that is the case?

Perhaps it's just a mistake on your bill. Best give them a call - at least that'll be free!

0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 14

Re: Why am i still getting charged for calls even though i have an anytime unlimited package????????

Are we talking land line phone or hub phone as the call packages are separate for each

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 14

@hamish72 wrote:

Are we talking land line phone or hub phone as the call packages are separate for each

Good point hamish. I've got Anytime on both, even though I only use BBTalk!

0 Ratings
wookie894
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

I have both and after looking on the I/net it transpires that BT are being sneaky buggers and charging for the Hub phone calls and making the line default to that line so that you don't know you are useing it untill the bill comes in. Aparently you have to press 5 to switch to the non charging landline before you make a call. BT at it's money grabbing best. DON'T FORGET THE CHAOS
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

bbtalk is free evenings and weekends the need to dial 5 to reach your landline to use your land line call package is well advertised in its instructions you can tell the difference between bbtalk and your main landline as the dial tones are different bbtalk is a higher pitch
0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 14

It really pays to read the instructions ref different dial tone and prefix of 5

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
wookie894
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

Hey Hamish easy for you to whinge "read the instructions", but please post where it says on the paperwork "BT will give you two phone numbers and charge you on one that is not unlimited anytime and not charge you on the other numbeer which you have to switch to every time you want an unlimited call to be made" ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 14

@wookie894 wrote:
please post where it says on the paperwork "BT will give you two phone numbers

Hi

BT would of either sent an email or a letter providing the details of your BBTalk phone number shortly after placing the order. Some start 056, others will start with your std.

and charge you on one that is not unlimited anytime and not charge you on the other numbeer which you have to switch to every time you want an unlimited call to be made"

Assuming you're using a BT Hub Phone - userguide (in box or online) - http://bt.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/1447070/1253620033/redirect/1

page6
As a BT Total Broadband customer, you can have a virtual phone line(1) in the house without extra line rental.
So you can enjoy inclusive Evening & Weekend calls to UK(2) landlines as well as very low rates on calls abroad. You can give it to the children to use as their own line, or use it for your work calls.

You can also enjoy the freedom and flexibility of making more than one phone call at a time when using BT Broadband Talk. For example, two calls can be made using BT Hub Phone handsets, and a third using a normal
phone plugged into into the phone socket on your BT Home Hub.

(1) BT Broadband Talk is subject to status. Opt-in required. Quality of reception may not match that of a landline and may vary depending on internet traffic. Certain call types are not guaranteed, e.g. 999, 112 emergency calls. Service will fail if there is a power failure. Service restrictions apply. Limited emergency location information stored. Abuse policy applies. 12-month minimum term. Touchtone telephone required. Calls may deplete any usage allowance applied by other broadband providers. 6p connection charge applies. Terms and conditions apply.
(2) Means 01, 02 and 03 numbers, excluding the Channel Islands. Other exclusions apply. Pence-per-minute charging applies after one hour. Redial before one hour to avoid call charges. Opt-in required.

Page 7

BT Broadband Talk tips
Once you’ve activated your service, you’ll notice that BT Broadband Talk has a high-pitched dial tone.

This lets you know you’re about to make a BT Broadband Talk call. Like a mobile phone, you’ll need to dial any phone number in full (i.e. including the area code). This applies to local numbers, too.

You must leave your BT Home Hub turned on to make and receive BT Broadband Talk calls. You can, however,
turn your computer off and still use BT Broadband Talk. You can’t make calls to the operator, non-BT directory
enquiries or dial-up Internet Service Providers using the BT Broadband Talk service.

To make calls using your normal landline, you should use the phone, or phones, plugged into a phone socket using an ADSL filter. You can also make normal landline calls using a phone connected to your Hub, by dialling 5 before the rest of the number. You won’t, however, be able to take advantage of BT Broadband Talk rates when you make calls using a landline phone.

(my bold)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
pcoventry
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

I checked my bill online today and I see that I am getting charged for 0845 calls to Plusnet in the daytime. I am on anytime too grr!

I wanted to edit this to say I am on about the landline anytime package I don't have BT BB. I hope I am in the right place? I have e-mailed them to see. It's 24p so not worth fighting about I just wanted to let them know!.

I ring for job off the website direct to jobseekers direct so the 0845 thing is handy as I don't have to write all the jobs down. I can't afford at the moment to be charged for all them too so I check it daily!

0 Ratings