For over a week now I have been trying to order a new mobile phone but can't because there is an open order on my account for a house move that happened in February. 8 days later and after several web chats and phone calls I am still being told that it will take a couple of days. In fact when I track the order today I have apparently "Granted an engineer permission to work outside my property" despite being 55 miles away at work.
Clearly the computers have taken over and human intervention is not permitted, nor is common sense.
The customer service on this has been atrocious and whilst the mobiles are going now the rest will follow.
Hi @Mike1302 and welcome to the community.
I'm really sorry you're having problems with this. I'm sure I can help. I've dropped you a private message so you can get in touch.
Whilst my expectations weren't high on this I at least expected someone to try and help but obviously I set the bar too high. Apart from a PM asking for info, which was duly provided, there has been no further response. The time that I have wasted on this whole thing is an absolute joke just like bt customer service and this supposed support forum.
BTs loss will be another providers gain.
Your PM sent to the moderator is now in a queue in the moderators work stack. These are dealt with on a first come first served basis.
Once your request reaches the top of the work stack you will be contacted by a moderator but due to the Coronavirus situation it is taking longer than usual for requests to be dealt with.
I am not telling you anything about what you should or should not do. I pointed out to you what happens after you respond to the PM.
You replied that "outcome will be the same", which given that you replied to the moderator seems an odd thing to have done if you did not expect any help/assistance.
It's entirely up to you what you do now but if you decide to wait your turn in the queue it will be acted upon by the moderators and conversely if you don't want to wait your turn it will not be acted on and you can try the 150 route again. Your choice .
Having been told twice over the past 5 days that someone will call me back about this and they didn't, you'll forgive me for not taking your word that I will be contacted.
I don't need to go the 150 route again as I already have my PAC codes and merely posted to give bt a final opportunity to salvage their mess, which they are clearly not interested in doing. So yes the outcome will be the same.
As I said, your choice.