cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul1360
Expert
Message 11 of 24

Re: Why are BT throttling Torrent UPLOAD speeds after midnight ?

When I download the speed I get is 4430KB/s and 2250KB/s upload

iechyd da  

0 Ratings
kevin51
Contributor
Message 12 of 24

I found this seedbox from Super-Seed and signed up, they are UK based. I'm only interested in seeding in order to get back to a 1:1 ratio or better on my fav private trackers. I'm thinking this should be OK for a fiver per month, and if it's not I can just cancel after 4 weeks. I have to wait 24hours to get my logon info & password so can't say how it performs until they arrive.

Hard Drive Space: 50 Gb    
Bandwidth: 500 Gb
Client: Torrentflux-b4rt:1.0-beta2    
FTP Accounts: 1        
Active Torrents: Unlimited    
Offshore:Yes         
Bandwidth Line: 100mbit Dedicated        
99.9% Uptime: Yes    
Setup Fee: None    
Monthly Fee: £5.00

Thanks to all who replied, particularly regarding the advice about seed boxes, of which I knew nothing until yesterday.

0 Ratings
seab20
Expert
Message 13 of 24

be careful with that bandwidth though as you have a 500gb limit, you can exceed that very fast with a 100mbps connection

0 Ratings
iPHAILZ
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 24

Not when you divide that bandwidth amongst the god knows how many other accounts on the box Smiley Surprised

---------------------------
Best BT india advice i have seen yet on these forums:
Q: Someone has hacked my wireless network
A: Try plugging router into your test socket.
0 Ratings
seab20
Expert
Message 15 of 24

Not according to this "100mbit Dedicated "

Though it does seem unlikely that you would get a dedicated line with a package that small, so perhaps there was a * next to that and a nice note at the bottom saying per server but he should still get a pretty good speed, I used a trial before and was getting 3MB/s

0 Ratings
iPHAILZ
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 24

@seab20 wrote:

Not according to this "100mbit Dedicated "

Though it does seem unlikely that you would get a dedicated line with a package that small, so perhaps there was a * next to that and a nice note at the bottom saying per server but he should still get a pretty good speed, I used a trial before and was getting 3MB/s

Play on words mate, it's the pipe to the box. When i was into this sort of thing dedicated boxes were 10 times the price the OP paying.

TBH if you are going to download you can find decent FTP dumps for not much more a month if you know where to look, or just become a racer and get it for free.

---------------------------
Best BT india advice i have seen yet on these forums:
Q: Someone has hacked my wireless network
A: Try plugging router into your test socket.
0 Ratings
seab20
Expert
Message 17 of 24

Never used FTP Dumps but I would imagine the content to be more limited, just like newsgroups they are great for popular stuff, but just about everything imaginable is available through torrents. I assumed it would mean the amount of bandwidth per server but it wouldn't usually connected like that, generally a server would have multiple connections and then just assigning say 4 users to each but we don't really know what the OP has signed himself up for. You can get a dedicated connection of 100mbps now for around £25 which is still fairly steep as they will be getting the bandwidth for **bleep** all as there buying so much of it in bulk

Edit: Just looked on the site and it seems pretty basic and yes they only have servers with 100mbps lines each, better providers out there but this one is rather cheap.

0 Ratings
kevin51
Contributor
Message 18 of 24

@seab20 wrote:

Edit: Just looked on the site and it seems pretty basic and yes they only have servers with 100mbps lines each, better providers out there but this one is rather cheap.

It was the cheapest one I could find, seems to be working OK. By the end of the month I should have pretty good share ratios on the 2 private trackers that are in the red. The other thing I like is that the subscription doesn't automatically renew itsellf every month. You just buy another  5 quids worth of seedbox as and when you need it.

I do have one noob question, when I log-on to the seedbox, theTorrentflux-b4rt webpage interface opens up in Firefox, which shows all my seeding information and download/ upload speeds etc. Can I safely close that window and continue seeding or does it have to remain open. I've also read somewhere that I can continue seeding even when my PC is shut down is this true ? This seedbox doesn't have a forum to ask basic questions.

0 Ratings
seab20
Expert
Message 19 of 24

It is completely independent of your computer, all your doing is viewing the information of your bit of the server, which is always on. So yes you can close the window and yes you can shut down your PC, the torrents will continue without you. But you should check regularly to ensure that you don't use all of your 500GB

0 Ratings
kevin51
Contributor
Message 20 of 24

One Last question and then I'm done,

At the moment I download the torrent from the tracker, then upload it to the seedbox which in turn downloads the file and then seeds it.

How do I get torrents I have already downloaded that are sitting on my HD into the seedbox. This is what the interface of the client looks like, I cant see a way to upload completed torrent folders into the seedbox

http://tf-b4rt.berlios.de/images/screenshots/1.0-alpha7/index.png

TIA

0 Ratings