cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 24

Re: Why are BT throttling Torrent UPLOAD speeds after midnight ?

Hi Kevin. Anything that you want to upload from your own harddisk, you would use an ftp program and upload it that way. you should get normal upload speeds, as ftp protocol is not throttled.

All you would need is the info to set up the ftp program. If you need an ftp proggy , agood free one is Filezilla ftp client(you don't need server).

[edit] i can see from super-seed that you have 1 ftp account. As far as I can remember the torrent file went into 1 folder and the data files went into another, its quite a few months since i used them

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
kevin51
Contributor
Message 22 of 24

thanks, I do have an FTP program, Cute ftp, which I use for my web site, think i'll email the admins @ Super-Seed to find out how it's done. I'm quite happy with this little seed box so far, my upload speeds are continually fluctuating as is expected according to who's connected in the swarm, but so far my lowest upload speeds are aroung 300KB/s, my average is around 600KB/s and my highest just over 1000KB/s, quite happy with those results for a fiver.

Kevin.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 24

All you should need is the login details, an d the directory to upload any .torrent files and the directory to upload any gata files. I was used to using rtorrent on the seedbox and utorrent on the PC.

Now you have a taster for it, you can have alook around at other seedbox hosters and charges etc

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
kevin51
Contributor
Message 24 of 24

you were right, you need an ftp client to upload completed torrent files / folders from your HD to the seedbox, I found a good tutorial, followed it and now I can upload from my HD ...

many thanks,

Kevin.

0 Ratings