cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NJRider
Message 1 of 8

Why can’t BT ever get an order right?

Why can’t BT ever get an order right?

I placed an order for a telephone and broadband package last week on the 15th with an install date of Friday 25/10/13. I paid my line rental up front and got an email with the order details stating I should get another confirmation email within 5 days.

6 days later surprise, surprise no email. So I ring the number to call on the email and get through to Robo-BT the talking twit. It asks me to explain my problem  and will then put me through to the right department which of course it doesn’t because it doesn’t understand human. 20 minutes later with only two disconnects I finally get through to a human and begin the BT Shunt between departments; three in total only taking 25 more minutes. I then get told the order is stuck somewhere in one of BT’s systems and needs to be cancelled and restarted because unlike any other company on the planet BT can’t just fix something or move the order along or manually progress it, they have to pick the worst possible solution to a problem! So they cancel the order and tell me I will be refunded the month I have already been paid (Which I haven’t as yet!)

After going through all the order details again (which were in front of the advisor on the old order!) and repeatedly telling her no when she kept trying to hard sell extras I didn’t want, we finally got to the appointment stage and I was then told… “Good news! We can have an engineer out on the 22nd of November!” I replied: “WHAT?!?!?! That’s over a month away and my first appointment was for this Friday? Why can’t you get an appointment before then?” she said “The engineers must be busy!” She said you can still use your BT ID to log on to BT Wi-Fi to get internet access in the meantime. So I said yeah whatever but I couldn’t make the 22 so said to make it for the 28th of November.

Once the email came through confirming the order again I noticed the BT Internet email hadn’t been setup and therefore I can’t even get in to BT Wi-Fi to see if it works! So to sum up:

I’ve paid out £141.00 for a service BT has cancelled and not refunded!

I have to wait 6 and a half weeks before I can get a phone line!!! Surely that’s in breach of the SLA’s and I should be entitled to some form of compensation or the appointment being rebooked for Friday again?

I’ve got no BT Email and can’t access BT Wi-Fi which may or may not provide some form of internet service. I’m not counting on anything good from looking at the thousands of bad reviews and poor rates it’s got on the Google Play Store!

Who can I contact to sort out this mess?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Why can’t BT ever get an order right?

the only bt employees on the forum are the mods and they will offer assistance when reading your post

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi NJRider,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry for the problems with your order.  I can help sort everything out from here.  To get in touch, click on my username and under the section "About Me" you'll see the link to "contact the mods".

Whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
NJRider
Message 4 of 8

@RobbieMac wrote:

Hi NJRider,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry for the problems with your order.  I can help sort everything out from here.  To get in touch, click on my username and under the section "About Me" you'll see the link to "contact the mods".

Whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

All the best,

Robbie

Hi Robbie,

I'm seeing no section under your username page that states About Me or contact mods.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

it can be located  here mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
NJRider
Message 6 of 8

Errr no it can't;

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Oops that was my mistake, sorry guys!

@NJRider Try it now and you should see the link.

Apologies again!

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

I have flagged your problem with the mod team they will repost the link to you
0 Ratings