cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hazy1980
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 36

Re: Why can't BT fix the Smart Hub?

I've had 4 Smart Hubs that have died with the green light, unresponsive to even a factory reset. I refuse to plug in the fifth until the firmware is fixed.

I'm disappointed the other thread has been locked down in what seems like an effort to silence us. The comments in the final post don't acknowledge the problems.

How can sending 5 Smart Hubs out to one customer not raise questions at BT? Either there is something wrong with the product or the customer is not using it appropriately.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 36

@Hazy1980 wrote:

I'm disappointed the other thread has been locked down in what seems like an effort to silence us. The comments in the final post don't acknowledge the problems.

The reason for locking the thread was that it was attracting all sorts of issues which may/did have had nothing to do with the hub, and on threads such as those it is near impossible to try and ask diagnostics questions to see where the issue is.  Some poster just refused to answer some basic questions because they felt the issue was hub related as opposed to something else.

By locking the thread it should encourage poster to create new threads about their specific problem, and by doing so it should lead to a better diagnosis of their problem and if it is hub related this will highlight the specific problem with the hub rather than it all becoming lost in the mire of the locked thread.

Contrary to what may have been posted, the moderators do feed back problems that have been posted about the hub and by doing the above it might help resolve some of the issues that some people have found with their hub.

Hazy1980
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 36

So to this date have BT acknowledged the Green Light of Death?

This forum is full off people with unresponsive bricked Hubs.

The closing statement in the locked thread certainly didn't acknowledge it.
0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 24 of 36

@gg30340

That's a helpful post, if I may say so.

But could I also suggest - because I think you have the ear of the moderators - that it would be helpful too, and relatively painless, if the mods would occasionally post general responses saying that they're aware of concerns about the HH6 and have been feeding issues back to the Hub Team. It seems to me that, if they only did that, it would make people feel less concerned (and, in some cases, angry) about apparently being ignored.

p

smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 36

Hi @Hazy1980. This was acknowledged as far back as Aug-2016 by @PaddyB in message 50 of Green light on new Smart Hub.

Personally I think they're taking too long to fix the issues, and not being as open and transparent as they might be, but the problems are not being completely ignored.

Regards

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 36

prinknash

I know that the moderators have been feeding back the issues that are getting highlighted on the forum however I don't think that is an unreasonable request you have made. We'll see what happens.

SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 27 of 36

Hi Guys,

The reason we locked the last thread was that it became impossible to decipher an issue which appeared to be related to the Smart hub or in fact a broadband issue.  We want to encourage customers to create their own threads so that the wider community can try and help resolve the issue or where this isn't possible the moderators will be on hand to offer support.

I have no further information to post around the current firmware.  We have been, and continue to work with the hub team in feeding back comments and working with them to understand the issues.  Since the last firmware was released the number of customers complaining on the forum has dropped significantly which indicates that the current firmware is working for many customers.

Broadband faults can be complex in nature and what may look like a faulty hub or firmware can in fact be a line or network issue.  This is why we are encouraging customers who are having problems to post about it. 

The moderators are monitoring all discussions around the Smart hub and will be standing by to offer support.  We will look at the network side of things thoroughly from our end and once that is ruled out, we have a mechanism to report these issues directly to our hub team for further investigation.

The green light issue was highlighted some months back but we believe this was fixed in an earlier firmware release.  I am very sorry that some of you are experiencing this.  We would be very keen on getting your details so that we can fully investigate.

Can I ask that @MisterPC@DaveD and @Hazy1980, please send me an email.  Just click on my username, SeanD, and you will find the 'mods contact link', under the 'about me' section of my profile.  Once we have your details we will get the ball moving on fixing the problem.

Cheers

Sean

DaveD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 36

Thanks for the offer of assistance - it is appreciated 

I will beam you over an email now 

0 Ratings
garyowens
Beginner
Message 29 of 36

I was a trialist for hh6. After numerous times reporting back that the wifi was rubbish and getting no response from them .I have reinstalled hh5 ando getting no problems with wifi
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 36

@garyowens wrote:
I was a trialist for hh6. After numerous times reporting back that the wifi was rubbish and getting no response from them .I have reinstalled hh5 ando getting no problems with wifi

I was also a trialist on HH6 and am still using it without any wifi problems - so not all HH6 have wifi problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings