cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fenny
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Why can't BT just get it right

A seemingly perennial complaint about BT is that they just can't get the billing right. 

I prepaid another 12 months line rental in March and selected the additional free Privacy package.  I noticed on my April bill that I was being charged £1.75 for Caller line ID.  I contacted BT on 3 May and they agreed to refund the charge and remove it from my chargeable billing.

Didn't check the May bill, but just looked at June bill and the amount is still being added. 

Given the only way of contacting BT is via phone or chat and neither easy at the weekend, it seems the only other option is to WRITE A LETTER!  What century are BT living in?  Why no email address.  Well, because they'd be inundated by complaints.

How do I speak to someone in this country who understands basic English and has the authority to actually make the correction?  The reason I leave BT periodically is down to the utter lack of customer service and the need to escalate even basic issues to a far higher level than necessary, after dealing with numerous droids who don't have the ability to action the change.

If it sounds as though I'm frustrated, it's because I am.  BT are effectively stealing money from customers due to their useless systems.  Once being the monopoly holders in the telephone business doesn't mean they have carte blanche to be **bleep**. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Why can't BT just get it right

live chat is your best option of resolving your problem as you can keep a transcript of the conversation

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums
0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

The incorrect charging for Caller Display with Privacy is an issue which has affected a number of customers (me included) and it can't be fixed by the call centres. I'm asking the forum moderators to have a look at your account and they will post contact info here in the morning. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Fenny
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

I have the chat transcript from the May discussion, where they said they had refunded April's payment and changed my settings to remove the charge.  Having a copy of the transcript doesn't mean they're going to get it right the next time, if they couldn't get it right the last time.

But chat isn't open on a Sunday, which means I have to find time to do it another day.  Like most people, I work during the week, so have to join the queue after 6pm.

0 Ratings
Fenny
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Thanks.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 8

Hi Fenny,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry you’re getting billed incorrectly. I’m sure I can sort this out for you. Can you send over the details? You’ll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Fenny
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Hi David,
Any news on this?

Regards
Fenny
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

The forum mods normally reply within 6 working days after you have contacted them via their contact form
They will contact you personally by email or phone.

0 Ratings