cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Why can't BT provide an email address to contact them?

I have tried talking to customer service but cannot get them to understand me. I was on the phone (off and on) from 10:00 to 12:30 being transferred from one person to another. I had to explain my query several times. All I want is a simple answer to what I thought was a simple question.

Instead of answering the question I asked, I am either transferred to someone else or given a standard response that doesn't answer my question. I will post my question on the Broadband forum in the hope that I get a reasonable answer.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Why can't BT provide an email address to contact them?

Spot on - it's really tedious and, as I experienced recently, leads to mistakes being made by the support people - I'm fed up with repeating the same stuff - and translating it into the phonetic alphabet - it would be so easy if I could just write it down - in an e-mail - just like we can do with the forum moderators!

Due to the large number of issues I have had with BT service recently - nearly ever 'touch point' - I am composing a little 'billet-doux' to Libby Barr - she seems to be the BT Consumer head-honcho - at least at the moment ! The lack of e-mail communication will be one of the topics.

Kernow bys vyken

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Do you actually think Libby Barr exists?  I reckon it's a fictitious name chosen for a torrent of complaints to be aimed at.  I wrote her a long letter of complaint recently and was fobbed off completely.  I think BT is abysmal and am waiting for contract to run out to get shot of them for many reasons, but mostly because the broadband monitor shows I'm way under my broadband limit and gives the date and time of this information, but BT seem to think I keep going over it.  Trouble is they warn me I'm close to going over after the end of the month rather than before.  Last month I had 3.5GB left with 24 hours and 1 minute to go, and I was out the following day (not using internet).  I still apparently went over and have been charged extra, despite that being the amount I use in about a week when I'm in and surfing for hours on end.  They tell me it's just a guide - then WHY DO THEY DATE AND TIME IT AND TELL YOU THAT'S WHAT YOU'VE USED AT THAT DATE AND TIME????  What's the point of a monitor that doesn't give you an accurate result?  Why do they send you a warning that you're getting close to your limit, when the month has already expired?????  Why am I getting a torrent of held up emails, about a dozen of each of them?  Why do I get the popup about there being a problem with my email and do I want to use Desktop help - SEVERAL TIMES A DAY?????  Why does my internet connection drop all the time????  Why does it appear slower than BEFORE I had Infinity???  Why are BT so useless??  Why do they say on one page that if you have a complaint you can email them but actually you can't?  How can they get customers by offering BT Sport and then take it away or charge for it and say it was in the small print, when I printed out about a dozen pages of Ts&Cs when I changed to BT broadband and no where in that did it say this could be removed mid-contract (and also mid-season as I only changed to BT for MotoGP and have never watched anything else on it)?  Why do they spend so much money stealing football matches from Sky and putting up line rental prices to pay for them (and their stupid adverts) at the expense of every customer including people like my almost 90 year old dad who doesn't have internet but does have a landline?  Why do they charge so much for internet when they're rubbish at providing it, keeping it functioning and administering the billing of it?

More to the point, why am I wasting more of my time on them.  They don't deserve customers.  I can't wait to leave.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Try here

Send an e-mail to BT

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I am trying to email them under 'Complaints' as couldn't get onto the Customer help email. But when I finished filling in the form it said my account number had to be 10 characters long - it was!!!  So even though I tried adding noughts it still kept repeating the message, so another way of not accepting emails.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@hillmate

What is the issue you want to complain about?

0 Ratings