cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 29

Re: Why can't I have an ADSL2+ upgrade?

if you go to message 6 which is the one with the ref then you should get edit option as you are post originator

I can't edit your post

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 12 of 29

All done.  I tried that before but didn't find an Edit option.  I now think that was because I wasn't logged in at the time.  Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 29

Our exchange has been 21CN enabled for about a year and a half.

We never got upgraded or even offered an upgrade. We've just sidestepped and upgraded on Infinity instead

15p per quatrer dearer.

An MSCE in computing is like having a McDonalds Certification in World Cuisine, pointless.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 14 of 29

Not much chance of Infinity in my area, unfortunately, as it's a remote village with not many inhabitants.  I have to sqeeze the best that I can from my copper connection back to the exchange!

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 15 of 29

Hello Keith.  Thank you for putting me in touch with the mods team.  They have been most helpful and have given me an upgrade from ADSLMax to what I can only describe as ADSL2 and a bit.  My downstream rate is still "Up to 8Mbps" but my upstream rate has been increased to in excess of 1 Mbps (was 448kbps).  Apparently my line is too long to provide a reliable faster downstream connection with ADSL2+.  My latest line stats are below.  My line attenuation has increased by about 4.5dB as a result of the change to G.992.5 modulation which makes my 8Mbps downstream connection about the best than be achieved even with full ADSL2+.  It's all very complicated, isn't it!

ADSL line status
Connection Information
Line stateConnected
Connection time1 days, 19:35:58
Downstream8,120 Kbps
Upstream1,067 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VII/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationG.992.5 Annex A
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)7.9 dB / 5.5 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)42.7 dB / 20.3 dB
Output power (Down/Up)13.5 dBm / 1.6 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote)0 / 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)1863 / 38
HEC Errors (Down/Up)7390 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote)1386 / 25
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 29

your downstream is now up to 20mb (24mb) but is so happens your connection speed is 8120.  your noise margin is slightly above the normal 6db (now even 3db) so it may go down to about 6db with a small increase in your downstrean connection speed

what is odd though is you are on interleaved but there are no FEC errors but quiet a few crc/hec and error seconds more like fast than interleaved

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 29

IMJ,

That might be one for RogerB to answer, it could just be that the home hub is reporting the wrong status?

The main thing now is to leave the connection alone, so the exchange can gather performance data.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 29

looking a good connection now just let it train 😉

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 29

keith

I think that is probably the answer as new connection are usually fast first or at least mine was but I agree at present I would leave connection alone

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 20 of 29

It seems that there is a capability to set an increased Upstream rate without an increased Downstream.  As suggested I plan to leave well alone and see what happens.  I don't know where my FEC errors have gone either (I'm using a Home Hub 2B).

0 Ratings