Many thanks for your intervention.
As I mentioned previously, I was told on 8th September that they would arrange for Openreach to look into the problem and that it should be sorted by 11th September. I was told this by a lady (in your call centre in India?), but obviously the problem was never resolved.
I will wait until Saturday before I reorder BT Call Protect, but I have one question?
How do I go about reordering this online via My BT?
On that page I showed you from Manage my calling features once it's been removed. Just tick the radio button next to BT Call Protect on its own & proceed.
Many thanks @XRaySpeX.
I will do that, but probably not before Saturday as, from my experiences with BT so far, their stated timescales are not very accurate. Certainly not as far as the time I was left without broadband on the day of my changeover, nor the delivery of my BT Reward Card are concerned! Still waiting for the latter 36 days after my claim was accepted! "Snail mail" is supersonic speed in comparison!
So I will allow much longer than the projected 24 hours before I reorder BT Call Protect, just in case it takes much longer to deactivate it!
WELL THAT WAS A WASTE OF TIME!!!
BT Call Protect has been reactivated, but I still have exactly the same problems as before!!!
The only benefit that I might have gained is that, at the same time as reordering BT Call protect, I also placed an order for BT Privacy at Home which is also free.
Perhaps having the latter will at least reduce the number of unwanted sales calls.
I think I will just have to accept that BT Call Protect is a non-existent Inclusive Extra as far as my package is concerned!!!
Well I hope that I have solved my problems, which I think were definitely due to compatibility issues between Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion + Safari or Firefox and the BT website.
After my last failure to manage BT Call Protect I decided to restart my computer and use another of my SSDs which is loaded with Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan, and which under normal circumstances I very rarely use.
Using Safari Version 10.1.2, I was able to access a page with a completely different layout to the ones displayed by Safari or Firefox when using Mountain Lion.
On this page I discovered that calls from "withheld numbers", "unrecognised numbers" and "international calls" were being allowed, and so I reset these to block all those types of incoming calls.
I then successfully blacklisted all but 3 of the numbers which I had wanted to add to my personal blacklist. These were callers' numbers which I had identified using 1471 but when I entered "0203 931511" and "001926 877999" a "please enter a valid phone number" message popped up. I did not even bother to enter "00" which 1471 has identified several times.
Anyway, I assume that any future calls from those numbers will be blocked as "unrecognised numbers".
I won't mark this thread as solved for a couple of weeks, until I am satisfied that BT Call Protect is now doing its job.
Many thanks to everybody who has responded to my question.
I gave your home number a quick call. I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you today. I'm glad to see, you've been able to get those numbers added to your Blacklist. I'll follow up with you on Friday to check how the service is working.
I am pleased to confirm that BT Call Protect is now functioning as it should do - I haven't had a single nuisance call since I succeeded in accessing and managing its settings!
Thanks to everybody who responded to my question.