cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MYH
Contributor
Message 21 of 29

Re: Why can't I utilise BT Call Protect?

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyB,

Many thanks for your intervention.

As I mentioned previously, I was told on 8th September that they would arrange for Openreach to look into the problem and that it should be sorted by 11th September. I was told this by a lady (in your call centre in India?), but obviously the problem was never resolved.

I will wait until Saturday before I reorder BT Call Protect, but I have one question?

How do I go about reordering this online via My BT?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 22 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @MYH You can order at www.bt.com/callprotect 

cheers

John

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 29

Go to solution

On that page I showed you from Manage my calling features once it's been removed. Just tick the radio button next to BT Call Protect on its own & proceed.

Message 24 of 29

Go to solution

Many thanks @XRaySpeX.

I will do that, but probably not before Saturday as, from my experiences with BT so far, their stated timescales are not very accurate. Certainly not as far as the time I was left without broadband on the day of my changeover, nor the delivery of my BT Reward Card are concerned! Still waiting for the latter 36 days after my claim was accepted! "Snail mail" is supersonic speed in comparison!

So I will allow much longer than the projected 24 hours before I reorder BT Call Protect, just in case it takes much longer to deactivate it!

0 Ratings
MYH
Contributor
Message 25 of 29

Go to solution

WELL THAT WAS A WASTE OF TIME!!!

BT Call Protect has been reactivated, but I still have exactly the same problems as before!!!

The only benefit that I might have gained is that, at the same time as reordering BT Call protect, I also placed an order for BT Privacy at Home which is also free.

Perhaps having the latter will at least reduce the number of unwanted sales calls.

I think I will just have to accept that BT Call Protect is a non-existent Inclusive Extra as far as my package is concerned!!!

0 Ratings
MYH
Contributor
Message 26 of 29

Go to solution

Well I hope that I have solved my problems, which I think were definitely due to compatibility issues between Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion + Safari or Firefox and the BT website.

After my last failure to manage BT Call Protect I decided to restart my computer and use another of my SSDs which is loaded with Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan, and which under normal circumstances I very rarely use.

Using Safari Version 10.1.2, I was able to access a page with a completely different layout to the ones displayed by Safari or Firefox when using Mountain Lion.

On this page I discovered that calls from "withheld numbers", "unrecognised numbers" and "international calls" were being allowed, and so I reset these to block all those types of incoming calls.

I then successfully blacklisted all but 3 of the numbers which I had wanted to add to my personal blacklist. These were callers' numbers which I had identified using 1471 but when I entered "0203 931511" and "001926 877999" a "please enter a valid phone number" message popped up. I did not even bother to enter "00" which 1471 has identified several times.

Anyway, I assume that any future calls from those numbers will be blocked as "unrecognised numbers".

I won't mark this thread as solved for a couple of weeks, until I am satisfied that BT Call Protect is now doing its job.

Many thanks to everybody who has responded to my question.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 27 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @MYH,

I gave your home number a quick call. I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you today. I'm glad to see, you've been able to get those numbers added to your Blacklist. I'll follow up with you on Friday to check how the service is working.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
MYH
Contributor
Message 28 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyB,

I am pleased to confirm that BT Call Protect is now functioning as it should do - I haven't had a single nuisance call since I succeeded in accessing and managing its settings!

Thanks to everybody who responded to my question.

PaddyB
Message 29 of 29

Go to solution

Hi @MYH,

Thank you for posting back. I'm happy to hear the Call Protect is active and working as it should Smiley Happy

Cheers

PaddyB

0 Ratings