cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Why can't I verify an 'eu' email address ?

I have an 'eu' email adress (David@xxxxx.eu) from which I would like to send emails, but BT Yahoo will not let me verify it, despite me following the '553' procedure correctly.

My other '.co.uk' addresses are no problem, but it doesn't seem to like 'eu' ones'.

Does anyone know a way round this please?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Why can't I verify an 'eu' email address ?

@Montala wrote:

I have an 'eu' email adress (David@xxxxx.eu) from which I would like to send emails, but BT Yahoo will not let me verify it, despite me following the '553' procedure correctly.

My other '.co.uk' addresses are no problem, but it doesn't seem to like 'eu' ones'.

Does anyone know a way round this please?

Hi.

When you go through the process and get to the point the system is supposed to email your domain address, do you get an error message - or does it say it's sent an email but you don't receive it ?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I thought it had been sent at first, and I noticed a red note asking me to 'Check David@xxx.eu to verify that you own this address.' but I did not receive a verification email, despite having asked for it to be resent!

This just tells me "Unable to send verification email. Please try again" which doesn't help at all of course.

Strangely though I have received emails to by default BT email account telling me that the new 'eu' address has been added to my account.

I am 100% sure I have entered the details correctly though.

I really would like to get this one sorted!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

@Montala wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I thought it had been sent at first, and I noticed a red note asking me to 'Check David@xxx.eu to verify that you own this address.' but I did not receive a verification email, despite having asked for it to be resent!

This just tells me "Unable to send verification email. Please try again" which doesn't help at all of course.

Strangely though I have received emails to by default BT email account telling me that the new 'eu' address has been added to my account.

I am 100% sure I have entered the details correctly though.

I really would like to get this one sorted!

Hi again.

Have a look through my shortcuts option 0e - it might have some extra details.

However - non receipt of the verification email means you can't add it. It might have ended up in a spam folder, or maybe your domain supplier has blocked it or even deleted it. Are you able to set anti-spam levels on your domain email supplier control area ?

Another thing to try is to try to add the .eu email account to say a sub account if you've got one, to see if that helps.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Hi David.  This has me stumped as well, but it is not .eu that is the problem.  It won't let me add an email address that is my first name @ a domain address I own.  It will let me add my first name @ different domains, or fred @ the same domain that won't send a verification email. 

I already use

jim@domain1.co.uk

jim@domain2.co.uk

BUT

jim@domain3.co.uk fails

jim@domain4.co.uk works

fred@domain3.co.uk works

I had this bother 6 months ago, and sorted it by deleting one account (mail@domain1.co.uk) to be able to set up another (jim@domain1.co.uk).

The error message is

Error!

How can we make sense of it, and get it to do what we need?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings