cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dombullion
Aspiring Expert
343 Views
Message 1 of 8

Why can't we get infinity

Good Afternoon,

 

According to this checker: http://fttc-check.alc.im

It produces the following result:

Cabinet Probability Uplift Phase Status Type

P6100%4.117aPart of deployment

FTTC (Fiber to the Cabinet)

If it gives an uplift of  4.11, that surely means that it wouldl be 4 times the current speed we get (8-9 mbps) if we were to order an FTTC product. 

However, the bt wholesale checker shows the following result:

WBC FTTCUp to 10.1Up to 1--Available
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 10--8.5 to 11.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 10Up to 18.5 to 11.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 6.5--5.5 to 7.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available

So it only shows that on FTTC we would get .1 faster than our predicted speed 🙂

Hope someone can help.

Many Thanks. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Guru
340 Views
Message 2 of 8

Re: Why can't we get infinity

The uplift has no physics in it it's just a mathmatic equation which has no evalutation of line length or quality. The BT wholesale does and you should only pay attention to the BT Wholesale checker.

 

Infinity will be classed as Fast total broadband for you as it's sub 15Meg.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
dombullion
Aspiring Expert
330 Views
Message 3 of 8

Re: Why can't we get infinity

Ok,

Am I right in saying that the fibre-on-demand that is coming soon is going to be a simple thing of just ordering fibre to the home (ftth) or fttp if you are already in an FTTC area.

Is that how it will work. Will it only be available in areas that have already got FTTC. 

 

Many Thanks, 

 

0 Ratings
Guru
325 Views
Message 4 of 8

Re: Why can't we get infinity


@dombullion wrote:

Ok,

Am I right in saying that the fibre-on-demand that is coming soon is going to be a simple thing of just ordering fibre to the home (ftth) or fttp if you are already in an FTTC area.

Is that how it will work. Will it only be available in areas that have already got FTTC. 

 

Many Thanks, 

 


Correct, you need to have FTTC to be able to get FTTP on-demand though only areas will be able to get the on-demand. You can see the areas here, I would think this is due to engineers needing to be trained for the installtation.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
dombullion
Aspiring Expert
321 Views
Message 5 of 8

Re: Why can't we get infinity

Thanks for the quick reply,

Will all areas be able to get some sort of fibre service one day.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Guru
318 Views
Message 6 of 8

Re: Why can't we get infinity


@dombullion wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply,

Will all areas be able to get some sort of fibre service one day.

Thanks


We will all have FTTP at some point with having 2Gbps but that is along way in the future. The plan is to have FTTC available to 80%(24Mbps+) of the UK with the remaining 20% having access to at least a 2Mbps connection though recent discussions has lead this aim to be too slow which I agree it is.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
283 Views
Message 7 of 8

Re: Why can't we get infinity


@dombullion wrote:

Ok,

Am I right in saying that the fibre-on-demand that is coming soon is going to be a simple thing of just ordering fibre to the home (ftth) or fttp if you are already in an FTTC area.

Is that how it will work. Will it only be available in areas that have already got FTTC. 

 

Many Thanks, 

 


Simple to order, but it will cost at least £1500 for you as you are far from your cab and will require serveys to be carried out for the best method of installing the line for you.

0 Ratings
Guru
272 Views
Message 8 of 8

Re: Why can't we get infinity


@Deathtrap3000 wrote:

@dombullion wrote:

Ok,

Am I right in saying that the fibre-on-demand that is coming soon is going to be a simple thing of just ordering fibre to the home (ftth) or fttp if you are already in an FTTC area.

Is that how it will work. Will it only be available in areas that have already got FTTC. 

 

Many Thanks, 

 


Simple to order, but it will cost at least £1500 for you as you are far from your cab and will require serveys to be carried out for the best method of installing the line for you.


You need to be in one of the pilot areas to order on-demand.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings