cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GarethW
Expert
Message 41 of 66

Re: Why do BT not offer Sky Sports in HD?

Mine's on.

I enjoy hiding SD channels from the guide 🙂

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 42 of 66

Sadly restricted to YouView boxes, which for Vision+ box owners means losing SS5 and also for those not being served by COM7 services losing BBC Four HD and BBC News HD. 

0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 43 of 66

I can't get BBC 4 via my aerial where I am but that's no problem as it plays in HD on iPlayer; I have to put up with the news though. I suppose it all depends how much Spanish football, and Championship football you watch wether it's worth switching or not. 

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 44 of 66

Can't record though. There's also the recording issue of being unable to pad recordings out that can be done on V+ boxes, that gets over a number of YV inaccurate recording timing problems. Will probably cancel SS on BT and buy the whole pack from NOW TV at £31.99 per month via AppleTV, albeit with the latency issue. 

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 45 of 66

Can you record Sky Sports channels through Apple TV (via NowTV).
0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 46 of 66

So you pay for HD Extra but have to pay extra for the Sky Sports HD? 

So a HD Extra, Extra?

Stew

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 47 of 66

Hi everyone,

BT is delighted to be able to offer its customers Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 in High Definition from today, October 15th 2015. BT has offered the two channels to its TV customers for some years, but previously in just standard definition.

Customers will need a YouView Set top box from BT set to receive the channels in HD. Customers with the old Vision box can swap for £35 for a YouView+ box or £49 for a YouView+ UHD box to enjoy the action in HD. Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 will cost £27 a month or £21.50 for either of the channels individually.

The new offer means that BT customers can enjoy more of the Barclays Premier League in HD if they also take BT Sport.

Cheers

Robbie

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 48 of 66

To get all available channels on BT TV in HD, it is now an extra £9 pm!

Stew

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 49 of 66

Unfortunately I think you will find BT are making very little (if anything) from this and the whole cost is going back to sky. Unfortunately SKY will charge BT extra for the Sky Sports HD channels as per the WMO agreement, therefore BT have to pass that cost on..

http://media.ofcom.org.uk/analysts/regulated-prices/

Wholesale prices for Sky Sports 1 and 2 Search:Done Sky Sports 1 Sky Sports 2 Sky Sports 1 & 2 Wholesale-must-offer price (from 1 June 2015) £17.01 £16.80 £25.34 Wholesale prices will track changes in retail prices over time based on a constant absolute (pounds) margin between retail and wholesale prices. The prices shown apply to Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 (standard definition). The wholesale must-offer remedy will apply to high-definition versions of the included channels. However, we have decided not to set a price for supply of these channels. Instead we have included an obligation for supply to be on a fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory basis.

0 Ratings
JSB1980
Contributor
Message 50 of 66

@scointer wrote:
Can you record Sky Sports channels through Apple TV (via NowTV).

No. Sky Sports on Now is live only, there is no recording or on-demand.

0 Ratings