cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StewM
Guru
Message 51 of 66

Re: Why do BT not offer Sky Sports in HD?

@scointer but that is not the point. BT wish to attract customers to its broadband and is in fact selling its BT Sports channels at a loss to do this. Why do we, as customers, have to accept that they are making "very little ( if anything) "  on Sky Sports? After all, it is the attractiveness of the package and price that will attract the customers to BT.

Stew

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 52 of 66

@StewMI actually do think that is the point. BT want to have the channels available so people don't have a reason not to use BTTV but they don't actually want to subsidise SKY (if you offer every product at a loss you will soon be out of business) we all know BT Sports is a key to getting people to take BT Broadband, sky sports isn't. The same way Virgin recently raised its prices and blamed BT Sports for increasing its costs to them, everybody passes on the costs... Virgin also charge extra for sky movies and sports in HD. I get your point they could undersell it to make it a selling point but for the small amount of difference it will make I think they would be making a rod for their own back
0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 53 of 66

It's fairer that Sky Sports HD subscribers take on the extra cost, rather than having it spread out to everyone.

I was hoping that it wouldn't be as much as £5 but £42 for Entertainment Max, and all the Sports channels in HD is still a lot less than I was paying for Sky & BT Sports.
0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 54 of 66

But by the same token, BT need to market their BT TV to make it attractive to gain new customers. Some of those new customers will be attracted by Sky Sports, BT Sports alone won't attract everyone. So BT may well have to subsidise Sky Sports.

Stew

0 Ratings
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 55 of 66

@JSB1980 wrote:

@scointer wrote:
Can you record Sky Sports channels through Apple TV (via NowTV).

No. Sky Sports on Now is live only, there is no recording or on-demand

And its not full HD!

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 56 of 66

The more I think of this, the more I find it annoying that in order to 'upgrade' a BTTV V+ customer has to lose SS5 even in SD to get the other two channels in HD. Seems unfair. 

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 57 of 66

Think I will just keep what I have the now entertainment max plus the full BT Sports pack for free.
At times I think Sky Sports 2 would be a waste of money me getting it as I don't like cricket and once in a while Sky Sports 2 is full of cricket.

Darren
0 Ratings
Elviskelly
Contributor
Message 58 of 66

Anyone managed to get them added yet?
0 Ratings
olgitnorm
Contributor
Message 59 of 66

Why not take just sky sports 1 you don't have to have both.

0 Ratings
olgitnorm
Contributor
Message 60 of 66

Had the HD added this morning for sky sports 1 already had the SD channel and it was a simple upgrade done online and activated within minutes.

0 Ratings