cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sleepy0905
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Why do I have to pay for a new hub when my old hub stopped working

well on the 5th Aug My bt hub died it was actually the power supply I got it going again by borrowing a power supply from something else I contacted bt to be told they will send me a new power supply, we was on holiday just after and we got back to find that parcelforce at left the parcel in a safeplace where we dont know so I contacted bt again they was very helpfull and said they would send out a new hub with no charge, well today thanks BT they have charged me £57.95 for the new hub which has left me overdrawn and no money for another dd and I am a disabled veteran And I now have to find £62 and get it in the bank before 12 yey cheers  so it looks like they will be getting there equipment back at this rate 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
sleepy0905
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Why do I have to pay for a new hub when my old hub stopped working

well on the 5th Aug My bt hub died it was actually the power supply I got it going again by borrowing a power supply from something else I contacted bt to be told they will send me a new power supply, we was on holiday just after and we got back to find that parcelforce at left the parcel in a safeplace where we dont know so I contacted bt again they was very helpfull and said they would send out a new hub with no charge, well today thanks BT they have charged me £57.95 for the new hub which has left me overdrawn and no money for another dd and I am a disabled veteran And I now have to find £62 and get it in the bank before 12 yey cheers  so it looks like they will be getting there equipment back at this rate 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Re: Why do I have to pay for a new hub when my old hub stopped working

If you are out of contract, then you have to pay for a replacement home hub. You can normally avoid that by renewing your contract and requesting a replacement for a faulty home hub at the same time. You only pay postage costs.

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Re: Why do I have to pay for a new hub when my old hub stopped working

If you want to send it back, you need to be reasonably quick (14 days) if you want any refund.

BT don't lend you the Home Hub.  They sell it to you.  But so long as you stay with BT, they don't charge you and after 12 months they write off the cost.  That means that once it's out of warranty, then it's your problem if it goes wrong.

The warranty is normally 12 months, but if you are within a minimum contract period for BT broadband, they extend it for the duration of that contract.

There are much cheaper places to look if you don't mind a second-hand Hub.  Think on-line auctions.  My Hub 5 was £10 from a car boot fair, the Hub 4 was bought on-line for less than that.

0 Ratings