cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Why does BT hate its customers?

Any answers please,   We are suddenly being hassled hourly on our landline by malicious calls two numbers in particular claiming to be everything from BT to Banking, They have been phoning no more than about every 2 hours apart for a couple of days asking for my wife , Asian accents NOT OFFICIAL BT numbers.     Then try reporting an ongoing scam to BT................ Phone lines engaged, E Mail can days to get response,  try Live Chat  ALL I want to do is report these two numbers and get them stopped, simple as that, nothing complicated, years ago on BT you only had to phone the operator to pass on the details and their either intercepted or blocked the calls.       But not now  instead of simply taking down the details of the complain they are more interested and insistant on making us answer countless **bleep** security questions. WHY, for gods sake WHY its NOT NEEDED.   ALL BT NEEDS IS MY PHONE NUMBER.  BT needs a root and branch reform of its customer service becaise it is getting worse.

Indeed if you make a COMPLAINT to BT by E Mail you can not insist on an E Mail response , they want to PHONE you back, but I have had to  disconnect my land line to get peace and quiet, but that is simply to much for BT.

BT  clearly is trying to drive away ever more customers.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Why does BT hate its customers?

Its the same for all Service Providers, nobody can stop spam calls from peope pretending to be someone else.

You may consider installing a call blocking phone which should help a lot.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Agreed Keith but other service providers  supply a viable working complaints system that does not treat its customers like idiots or make complaining as difficult as possible.  Like I said above  once over when BT was a caring professional company you could phone 100 or 101 explain your problem to the operator and it would be resolved / acted upon straight away, WITH the CUSTOMER being expected to jump through multiple security questions EVERY time they contacted BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

I agree Steve.  Had over 10 phone calls from BT scammers today.  I would really like to be able to resolve the problems I have had with BT in one phone call or by email but so far that has proved impossible.  I am struggling to comprehend how a simple problem has taken from May to August to get fixed and I still have to wait for a phone call from BT while being bombarded by scammers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 14

@SteveD3 wrote:

Agreed Keith but other service providers  supply a viable working complaints system that does not treat its customers like idiots or make complaining as difficult as possible.  Like I said above  once over when BT was a caring professional company you could phone 100 or 101 explain your problem to the operator and it would be resolved / acted upon straight away, WITH the CUSTOMER being expected to jump through multiple security questions EVERY time they contacted BT.

As has been posted.

You can complain to Ofcom, (who will point you to ICO), or you can install a call blocking/screening phone, or a call blocking device.

Which is quicker?

BT  on it's own can't block fake callers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 14

@SteveD3, it's not a question of hatred.

The need for giving identification every time you contact a supplier is industry-wide, and not restricted to telephone companies. Insurance companies etc. ask for identification every blooming time you contact them, even if you spoke to them on the phone just two minutes before.

This is because there are so many fraudulent people out there who take pleasure in impersonating honest customers.

Have you tried dealing with your Bank recently? Woe betide you if something happens to mess things up with them, you are given short shrift and 'shown the door' with no chance to complain.

If the fraudsters get hold of your money you have very little chance of recovery, you just get told 'tough titty', glad it was you conned and not me!

Hope you get sorted out satifactorily real soon.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 14

@SteveD3 wrote:

when BT was a caring professional company you could phone 100 or 101 explain your problem to the operator and it would be resolved / acted upon straight away

Shouldn't that be "when BT was a caring professional public service"? Commerical competition is not necessarily a bed of roses.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

I'm afraid ever since BT moved their customer services to India, it has totally gone down the toilet.

In the past depending at what time of day you called BT, you may be lucky and get someone in the uk who could quickly understand your issue and sort it out, however, I have just recently had a horrible customer service issue about a Smart Hub I ordered and the service centre in India just could not sort it out. I must have spoken to at least 5 different people who made promises that just did not happen. The end result is I have my smart hub, which is working great, however, I am waiting on a refund for 2 smart hubs and 2 delivery charges which they have added to my bill when they sent them to someone elses address.

If/when I leave BT it will be because of their rubbish customer services.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 14

@152bobby wrote:
I'm afraid ever since BT moved their customer services to India, it has totally gone down the toilet.

In the past depending at what time of day you called BT, you may be lucky and get someone in the uk who could quickly understand your issue and sort it out, however, I have just recently had a horrible customer service issue about a Smart Hub I ordered and the service centre in India just could not sort it out. I must have spoken to at least 5 different people who made promises that just did not happen. The end result is I have my smart hub, which is working great, however, I am waiting on a refund for 2 smart hubs and 2 delivery charges which they have added to my bill when they sent them to someone elses address.

If/when I leave BT it will be because of their rubbish customer services.

I believe (and don't quote me on this :P) that BT say they are bringing a large number of their call centre operations back to the UK.  About time to I would say.... 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 14

As i couldn't find how to start my own post I have hijacked yours - so apologies for that.

My tag name probably says it all! Normally a nice guy, whenever I deal with BT my blood pressure increases.

Here is a suggestion - rather than a business model that relies on catching customers out by complicated charges why not try and offer - " every day fair charges".

Specifically, why not charge a customer the smallest possible price consistent with them being experts in alll your complicated plans to reduce penal call charges?

Failing that why not do this for the first month with a warning?

For example - rather than charge exorbitant costs for an international call why not charge international calls as if an international calling plan is in place and then provide a warning in the monthly bill that full penal charges will operate if someone doesn't take out a plan. You would still earn the same income that you are prepared to receive if your customer had a calling plan. 

Not to do this simply confirms that your morality is to make money from the less able or time poor.

When will BT wake up to the anger people have with energy companies and banks and all companies that make money by deliberate obfuscation and confusion.

Wake up BT before it is too late - the Openreach debate is only the start.

0 Ratings