cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goingmad103
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Why does our new hub 4 make ou phone line busy

received today, and know it needs 24hrs, but it makes my landline engaged.  Swapped adsl for 3 different ones, tested the test and does exactly the same.  

Can take the Hubs connection from the ADSL and hear my dial tone return.  BT's script readers say there is a major problem in the area, but people I know have no problems.  

I can't leave this plugged in as waiting for calls. Had a router on this line previously with no problems at all. Suffered problems with BT in the past (no surprise really!) so any help would be great before my child drives ne completely bonkers and I cancel our new contract and go elsewhere - thank you... 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Why does our new hub 4 make ou phone line busy

Are there any problem with your exchange listed here. http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15036

http://community.plus.net/exchange-information/

once your broadband is active then you will face cancellation charges

are you connected to the test socket. test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
goingmad103
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Thank you imjolly, but our exchange is green status and no faults listed on any of the links.  Tried the test plug with both the the hub & the phone line together & seperatly and the same fault occurs... tried a cable I know works between the hub and the adsl also...  

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Sorry but if you just connect the phone and nothing else to test socket is line ok? If ok and you then connect filter to test socket and then just phone is that ok?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
goingmad103
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Don't apologise, willing to try anything just to double check if I've missed anything.. 

Done the test line again to be sure, phone line ok without filter and with the filter, but add the broadband and the phone goes dead (on another call to outside callers)... turning to drink now ha ha 

Parents round the corner on bt broadband not suffering any problems and we are a small village lol 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Ok so next must be to replace the filter and see if ok when router connected - can you replace the modem rj11 canle as well?  If still causing problems with phone then iI would contact CS and asl for a replacement hub as this one faulty. 

goingmad103
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Thank you for your advice and tips, tried 4 different filters (seem to collect these) and still same fault.  Modem if fine but can't try an alternative to try.  Looks like it's time to do battle with the Script Readers at BT again. 

Thanks again - cheers!!

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

definately sounds like a hub fault it is shorting out the line
goingmad103
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Will never get back the past 25 minutes of wasted time back, let alone the past 6 hours!!  Broadband help say there is a major outage in the area so cannot check the broadband line (even though nobody nearby in this small village is having any problems) and she will call me back on the 2nd when they hope it should be fixed by 12pm.  She could't tell me why then it was engaging my phone line whenever I plugged it in and if there is an outage why is it blocking my line up... Arrrggghhh  she asked me if there was anything else she could do to help?  So asked if she was a qualified psychiatrist because I'm going to need one after this!!

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

call again you should get another member of help line