cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Why don't BT check their side of things??

I appreciate that the majority of broadband speed and related problems will be sorted out by resolving issues with customer's equipment, configuration etc. As a result, whether responding to advice here or from BT support, the assumption is that there is something the customer needs to check and report back on. 

I've complained to BT about some problems with a recent intermittent loss, and slowing down of service. They keep asking me to check things I've already done a number of times. There's nothing wrong with my end of things. It's been working very well for years, and is currently doing so. They don't seem to understand my complaint and keep asking me to do the same things again and again. I've asked them to check their end of things, and explain to me why I'm paying for their services, with which I had problems a few days ago. They keep asking me to check my equipment, and haven't told me anything about any issues with my local exchange or why the service was interrupted, or that perhaps internet traffic was very high on Black Friday.  It's a bit like having a power cut, and the electric supplier asking you to check and replace all your fuses, lightbulbs etc, then report back to them.

I've followed the online complaints procedure, and as a result seem to be given unwanted and unnecessary tech support. How do I get BT to understand my complaint and make an appropriate response? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Why don't BT check their side of things??

when you post on the forum it is reasonable to assume you are there looking for assistance. to be able to assist the members need information about your connection and setup and then they wll ask you to try some changes to see if that fixes your problem or just as important eliminate the possibility the problem is on your side of the test socket.  this is important as you will be charged the callout fee of £129.99 if the problem is on your side of the test socket but it will be free if problem is outwith your control - unless you have damaged the openreach equipment

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Yes I know this. That's why I've, as already stated, done what they asked a number of times. There's nothing wrong with my end of things, and I won't need an engineers visit, because there's nothing wrong here.

My post enquired as to whether anyone knew how to respond to a complaint, other than by providing unwanted and unnecessary tech support.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

there is little point of posting on a self help forum id you do not want help you can contact bt by selecting from this link https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact  

you can also check for service outages by phoning 08001690199 or this web page https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

This is a joke right??

Which part of " They keep asking me to check things I've already done a number of times. There's nothing wrong with my end of things. It's been working very well for years, and is currently doing so. They don't seem to understand my complaint and keep asking me to do the same things again and again " is it you don't understand?

There's nothing wrong at my end of things. I've carried out all the tests & diagnostics, including the ones in your link.

If you don't understand my post, the clue is the topic title.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

looking at you posts for the last few months you have been posting about bt mail and not your connection - is this what you are trying to get an answer to?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings